LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Just installed hitch and wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just installed hitch and wiring

Hello. This will be my first thread posting something that is not a question. haha

My wife and I are moving to Quebec City from Calgary at the end of the month for a new job. So we are selling most of our stuff and only bringing the most important things like pictures etc.
This will be a long journey across Canada( about 3900 km) so I am renting a small u-haul 4x8 trailer for the trip.
First I need to install a hitch to my lr2 which was pretty easy as I am a journeyman welder this was a walk in the park. But if you don't know what you are doing I suggest just getting someone to install it.

Here is a pic of the finished product. I wish I took pictures of the install for people wanting to do it then selves, but I didn't sorry guys!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
On to the wiring.... I just want to say I hate anything electrical. My original plan was to pay someone to do it but they were asking way to much or wouldn't to it at all, one place actually quoted me $550 which is a complete joke if you ask me.
So I walked into the local trailer and hitch store and bought a universal kit for $25 which is my kind of price range .
The instal was really easy it probably took me 1.5 hrs max. All I did was wire it to the fuse box in the rear hatch and feed it out through the spare tire. I could have wired it underneath the LR but I don't plan on towing often with it so I went with by the spare tire so it's protected from the weather when not in use.
So here is the finished product
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] photo share[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ohh and sorry for the crappy pictures

Cheers
Mike