LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Narrowing things down 2008 LR2 3.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 04:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 553 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by merlinj79
That PCM Fan 1 is probably the issue. That's either the fan module, fan, or both. Based on my previous experience I'd get a new OEM (or volvo) fan. It comes with the control module. Especially if you're over 100K.

The HVAC cabin temp sensor fan is probably not a big deal, I've had that for a while and it works fine.

The HVAC CAN bus thing is network comms. You can see that in other modules too. As long as everything works I wouldn't worry about that personally.
Guessing will likely just waste money. Erase all the codes and run it again for a while, then read them again.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:12 PM
Winching
Received 283 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by flybd5
Guessing will likely just waste money. Erase all the codes and run it again for a while, then read them again.
Coolant fan or the fan module are on the way out. He's got the DTC and the warning sign (loss of AC at idle). That can get real expensive, real fast if not addressed. I would not recommend any road trips until it's resolved.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:14 PM
Pro Wrench

You're guessing. He's got historical DTC's. There is no clue which ones are real and which ones are ghosts or false positives. The loss of A/C may be something completely different, like a low pressure switch or something like that.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:14 PM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 121 Posts

While you are at it, do a battery hard reset. It's been described on this very forum a number of times in detail by merlinj79, works a treat for a lot of LR2/FL2 issues.

In case you have to, I have replaced my fan shroud with the dual fan Volvo model as suggested by p_gill. The local Volvo dealer price for the dual fan was absolutely worth it, I believe I also posted that here on this forum as well in a previous thread. In addition, freel2.com is also a great resource for the LR2, even though they sold many diesel variations, they also sold a reasonable number of si6s.

Since right now all appears good, however, don't tempt faith or Murphy....

The following users liked this post:
Cm3geese (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 05:16 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by ThorInc
While you are at it, do a battery hard reset. It's been described on this very forum a number of times in detail by merlinj79, works a treat for a lot of LR2/FL2 issues.

In case you have to, I have replaced my fan shroud with the dual fan Volvo model as suggested by p_gill. The local Volvo dealer price for the dual fan was absolutely worth it, I believe I also posted that here on this forum as well in a previous thread. In addition, freel2.com is also a great resource for the LR2, even though they sold many diesel variations, they also sold a reasonable number of si6s.

Since right now all appears good, however, don't tempt faith or Murphy....
He just did a battery reset after I suggested it, it's a few messages up.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:08 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Codes that came back right after a clear

How old is your battery, when was it last tested and what is the current voltage? And did you CLEAR the old codes or just thought you did because the check engine went out?
Battery seams strong I have had no issues with it. I bought this LR2 in Sept of last year 2021. This is what I get right after the codes were cleared.

Last edited by Cm3geese; 07-17-2022 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:30 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Cm3geese
Battery seams strong I have had no issues with it. I bought this LR2 in Sept of last year 2021. This is what I get right after the codes were cleared.
Can we stop guessing and deal in facts? I can't help you if you answer with "seams" or what year you got the car after I ask if the battery was tested and what is the voltage. Either your LR2 is possessed or it has a very weak battery, which will screw up the operation of the modules and ECU. Let me know when you have exact answers to my questions, otherwise I will drop off the conversation and you can just take it to a shop.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:41 PM
Drifting

Can we stop guessing and deal in facts? I can't help you if you answer with "seams" or what year you got the car after I ask if the battery was tested and what is the voltage. Either your LR2 is possessed or it has a very weak battery, which will screw up the operation of the modules and ECU. Let me know when you have exact answers to my questions, otherwise I will drop off the conversation and you can just take it to a shop.
I just checked and it reads 12.51 V/DC

Old 07-17-2022, 07:48 PM
Pro Wrench

If that is the voltage with the car not running, it is normal and something else is very wrong with your car to return such a weird set of errors. I assume you cleared every single error and verified they were clear before you started the car again? To verify, you clear and then read again and there should be no error codes shown.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:26 PM
Drifting

I also had the battery load tested and it passes as good. I did do a reset to no codes then started it and the three codes I got are P0108, P0108 yes two times and then P0069. That is the two codes it returned after the reset.

That was 12.51 Volts not running.

The codes above returned on the second start

The code download sheet was accidently of one earlier in the post. The only codes I have now are the P0108, P0069.

Last edited by Cm3geese; 07-17-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Narrowing things down 2008 LR2 3.2