LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

no crank, no obd but hazard flasher

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 01:34 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, will do
meanwhile I tried another idea: pinoff CAN HIGH at the two connectors nearby CJB (footwell) and ECU (AJB) and connected them directly. all other connetion stayed original. same ...

does a short cuircut cases a hazard flashing? and why I got not connection to the ECU? must be the last cm's of cable with stayed orignal -> means back to your adivse @flybd5

Old 11-01-2023, 03:21 PM
4wd Low

hi once again ... today I thought about and I understood the hazard light can be activated by two thinks: the RCM oder anti theft.
RCM is currently disconnected, so that could fire a mistake.
than I saw the anti theft indicator light is the dsahboard is not flashing ... I unlooked the car with the fob and opened the driver door. of cause the others still are locked. as I closed the driver door, the other door getting unlocked!! thats scarry and say me, thats must be the same reason why it's flashing by connection the battery.
any ideas for this behavier or where I can start searching?

Old 11-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 121 Posts

From memory, I had an issue once after flashing the dash with a custom flash made for SDD ( it added, avg speed, current speed, speed, mpg data, etc. and also recalibrated the temp gauge to instantly respond to temp changes, linear). For some reason, the SDD subroutine after the module flash of clearing all obdII errors must have failed. The car would not turn over, nothing but the lights would come on. Freaked me out since my first thought was, I bricked the beast....RIP as Landy would be sticking their hands real deep into my very deep pockets to begin with.....I have short hands.

Anyway, I noticed the pattern of the flashing red light had changed from the normal pattern. Maybe the module flash had triggered the immoblizer. I would scan with software and hardware that can read all errors and clear them.

Was the suv ever in an accident?

Last edited by ThorInc; 11-01-2023 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2023, 02:56 AM
4wd Low

hi, no accident as I know ... bought a long time ago second hand.
but my problem is I cant connect to OBD, too ... means there must be something which interrupts the bus, too. thats the scary think. I tried to bypass the ECU directly from the CJB, without success.
At moment my idea is, something disturbs the CJB ... or a break (I saw nothing) in the cable from last connectors to the CJB/ECU

Old 11-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by botswanabub
hi, no accident as I know ... bought a long time ago second hand.
but my problem is I cant connect to OBD, too ... means there must be something which interrupts the bus, too. thats the scary think. I tried to bypass the ECU directly from the CJB, without success.
At moment my idea is, something disturbs the CJB ... or a break (I saw nothing) in the cable from last connectors to the CJB/ECU
Check out freel2.com and use the search for your issue. The LR2 is the european FL2.....lots of experience on that forum if you can't find a solution.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 553 Likes on 462 Posts

It sounds like you have not tried SDD with a Mongoose cable or an LR-aware scanner like the Autel AP200. You need to try one of those to verify for yourself that the diagnostic connector is really dead. OBD alone won't tell you that because it is not trying to talk to the vehicle on the signal lines other than those used for plain OBD.

Last edited by flybd5; 11-02-2023 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:46 AM
4wd Low

said done ... you are 100% right!
I got a short posibility to use a autel ms reader with partley success. not all communication, as LR official me told, is dead!

I think it's easy to understand the problem, see attached. the RCM is not avaiable, too. for me look like a short circut?

LR2 DTC

The following users liked this post:
flybd5 (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 08:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 553 Likes on 462 Posts

You're lucky I can read German. Crasheingang means the system went into crash mode and needs to be reset. I would start there.

Old 11-04-2023, 08:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably can't reset since he cannot chat to the modules. There is a common thread in all the faults shown - short to ground or open ground. there are more faults that are not shown which may help narrow down the common grounding issue.

The following 2 users liked this post by OldKarz:
flybd5 (11-04-2023), ThorInc (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 09:24 AM
4wd Low

of cause it had a lot of errors stored as I tried to read while some disconnected CM. I tried to delete everything ...
Last I received this:

(sorry for late delivery, in the first moment I thought I only can get a foto of the screen)

EDIT: finally I'm not sure if it's the last scan. because of ABS and TCM have been disconnected ... but RCM i never could reached. sorry for the confusion, I had not that much time with the device. but short to ground or something like this for me sounds plausible. there has been some works on the engine before, perhaps demanged a cable

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BRW90CDB66934A6_001070.pdf (562.2 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by botswanabub; 11-04-2023 at 09:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
flybd5 (11-04-2023)

Quick Reply: no crank, no obd but hazard flasher