LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" lift kit for lr3

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2" lift kit for lr3

How does this work with air suspension?
Does the air suspension then go another 2" above lift for MUD setting etc....?
What are the advantages for this other than larger tires?

Thanks

Old 06-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

I will answer you very briefly because information abounds on this topic if you do a search.

There are two prevalent ways to lift an LR3:

1. Using an electronic device such as an IIDTool by Gap. Advantages are that you get other functionality as well; and you can select it when you want it more easily.

2. Using shortened ride-height rods. Advantages are that this is less expensive.

In both cases, you will lose "Access Height." The air suspension will use existing capacity to give you more lift. It doesn't necessarily need to be 2" but there is a limit. I would say that larger tires are the only advantage besides ground clearance itself.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

There is one more method, which I haven't found a lot of information on positive or more leaning "iffy" which is the toddco 2" lift kit. It simply fits under or over the air struts and gives you 2 more inches of lift.

Interesting concept, but I can only squeeze my car into the garage at access height as it is.

This would be the preferred method to ensure you never bottom out with those higher tires. I just don't know the long term results, as there is very little information out there about them.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Overlanding
Red face

The TODDCO is for non airbag LR3.

Land Rover LR3 Discovery III 2" lift NON Air RideThis is the lift for Land Rover LR3 - Discovery III owners with the non air ride option. Set of 2" CNC machined T6061 ALUMINUM front coil spring strut spacers, a set of CNC machined rear T6061 ALUMINUM coil spring strut spacers. This kit will provide 2" of extra lift for bigger tires or more ground clearance, while still using the stock strut springs / shocks, or with after-market lift springs / shocks. This is a precisely machined direct bolt in kit that requires no further modifications. This is designed for non air bag suspension. Vehicle must have struts/springs.
$459.95
TSILR3001

Old 06-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Overlanding

Will the handling on the LR3 change significantly with either the rods or IIDtool electronic?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Mudding
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

yes - the top heavy vehicle becomes more so with either option. My my roads are very twisty and full time lift was not an option. I only lift when offroad. With 1-2 hour effort, you can run 32" Duratrac tires at normal ride height.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Overlanding

What 2" Lift Adj Height Arms are you using?

So it takes 2 set of rims (8) with off road & on road tires you are saying?

Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Camel Trophy

I don't think it's required to use two sets of rims, but many of us do just that.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

What??
Product Description

This is the lift for Land Rover LR3 - Discovery III owners with the air ride option. Set of 2" CNC machined T6061 ALUMINUM front air spring strut spacers, a set of 2” CNC machined rear T6061 ALUMINUM air spring strut spacers. This kit will provide 2" of extra lift for bigger tires or more ground clearance, while still using the stock strut air springs / shocks. Fully adjustable ride height position sensors linkages allows you to add an additional 2” of lift for a total of 4" or fine tune your Rovers stance. Also included, mounting hardware, adjustable ride height position sensor linkages, and air line ectensions. This is a precisely machined direct bolt in kit that requires no further modifications. Designed for air bag suspension, allows full range use of the suspension.

Land Rover LR3 Discovery III 2" lift Air Ride

Last edited by unseenone; 06-09-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Camel Trophy

Hmmm.....it would be nice to not have to worry about being on bumpstops with 32s. I wouldn't really miss Access height.

...but that means you're always higher and over time putting more stress on the stub axles and CV Joints. Not sure I'd want that.

Quick Reply: 2" lift kit for lr3