LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer policy on loan cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer policy on loan cars

I bought a used 2005 LR3 for my daughter, which is still under warranty. I scheduled service recently with Land Rover Frisco two weeks in advance so that I could get a loaner, which I asked for and was told it was no problem. When I got there 20 miles from the house and without a ride back I was then told I could not have a loaner because I did not buy the LR3 there. I was pissed because I scheduled the service with Frisco after the Dallas Rover shop told me IN ADVANCE they would not give me a loaner. I walked out of the Frisco shop and went back home with the car.

Is this the standard level of customer service with Land Rover dealers? I can't believe they won't give me a loan car when I am bringing the car to their shop, especially under warranty. I have NEVER had this issue arise with Porsche, Mercedes, BMW or Lexus.

I was considering buying another Land Rover, but I have now decided never to buy another one. And I will have all work done on my daughter's car at North Texas Rover. In fact, i a considering selling the LR3 altogether. I do not wish to support a manufacturer who would allow its dealers to act this way.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Drifting
Default RE: Dealer policy on loan cars

While my vehicle was under warranty, I took it to a third party shop, and even they covered rental car charges. Find another service place. If possible, find a reputable third party shop, instead of going back to the "stealer".

Old 01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not buy from my dealer and they have given us a loaner.
I dont know if i will after warr. exp. I beleve the warrante covers it but I have also heard a loner is a dealers choice. My ext warrante covers a loaner
If you buy the vehicle from my dealer they will come get your vehicle for you
even 3hrs away.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Drifting

I have a 06 lr3 and they give me a car from enterprise but last time i asked for a Rover as a loaner they said that it was no problem. I bought my Rover from the states and i live in Canada. It shouldn't be a problem. If they don't give you a Rover for a loaner they are suppose to give you a rental car no matter what, or if they don't have a rental car they should have rescheduled you appointment for when they did have a rental car.

Best of luck

Old 01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear

hello, i recently took my rover in for service at a local land rover dealership in pittsburgh and they gave me a loaner with no problem. The only thing i had to do is fill it up with gas again and i did not even buy my land rover at that dealership. i can not say anything really bad about this dealership, they have always taken care of me. I just think it depends on the dealer

Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Three Wheeling

I had this question before, and when I contacted LandRover USA about it, they informed me it was a dealer choice.
If you have a LR extended warranty it is covered under that.

I had a Benz before the Rover and they did the same thing (no loaner, unless you bought from them).