LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side cornering lights not working, passenger side work, all 4 are new

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 07:06 PM
Mudding
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Driver side cornering lights not working, passenger side work, all 4 are new

Anyone ever run into an issue where their driver-side running lights don't work, but passenger-side do? My passenger side ones were burned out, but driver side was working. I bought 2 new LED 194 lights and started with the driver side. Once I opened it up I realized there are two lights in there (same bulb type) so I replaced both, reinstalled the driver light, and ordered two more lights. After reinstalling the driver side lights didn't work, but I chalked it up to a voltage issue with the passenger side being burned out/halogens vs. the new LEDs on the driver side.

So today I replaced the passenger side and was surprised to see both of those work, but neither of them works in the driver's side.

I'm going to swap bulbs side to side to see if the problem follows the bulb or the receptacle, but I suspect it's unlikely I got two bad LED bulbs at the same time.

Curious if anyone has run into this. Cheers!

Last edited by elemental_garage; 02-25-2022 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Cornering light changed to running light
Old 02-25-2022, 07:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Thats a running light, not a cornering light. The cornering lights turn on, well, when cornering at low speed and it was not an option available in the US. I think the plugs are identical for each unit, so you may be able to just try plugging the entire housing into the other side and see what happens, would greatly speed up problem solving.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:19 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Thats a running light, not a cornering light. The cornering lights turn on, well, when cornering at low speed and it was not an option available in the US. I think the plugs are identical for each unit, so you may be able to just try plugging the entire housing into the other side and see what happens, would greatly speed up problem solving.
Good call on swapping sides via the plug to see. And yes, sorry, when researching this topic most threads I found were euro-based, so after reading so much about cornering lights, cornering light programming etc. it just stuck.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:27 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Kinda wish we had em, I like extra features. Let us know either way. On a side note, careful with the lamps. Make certain you use the correct ones if you ever use incandescent. The wrong ones can melt the sockets/plastic over time form the little extra heat. Someone put 5watt in the orange side of the headlamp that you have out. It totaled it. So I now run with both sides out to match. I think the proper lamp is a W3W, not a 194, for anyone who runs em. I kinda hate LEDs in the lower front side lamp and like the incandescent look.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:51 PM
Mudding

Yeah, the 194 is a different bulb, however, the vessel is pretty much the same, and should functionally work. They are a higher volt/higher watt light than the W3W I believe, but with it being LED it should still generate less heat than the incandescent.