LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 Tires

Hi There,

I recently purchased a '05 LR3 and it has Continental CrossContact UHPtires on it. Since this is a summer tire, I was thinking about getting new all season tires. I am in Cleveland, OH. So I seeing plenty of snow days, but also have some sunny days. I thought about purchasing theAvon Tech STtires from tirerack.com. They have them for $99 a piece right. Can anyone provide their thoughts on these tires or make a suggestion to what kind of tire I should buy?

Thanks,

Paul

Old 01-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: LR3 Tires

Compare those numbers
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Avon&tireModel=Tech+ST&partnum= 56TR8STXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&plac e=3&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&s peed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_ rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&load_rati ng=S&load_rating=RF&load_rating=XL&load_rating=C&l oad_rating=D&load_rating=E&load_rating=F&load_rati ng=G&minSpeedRating=S

with these numbers: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....er+SilentArmor and you will see what I have been saying all along. The Silent Armors are simply the most well rounded tire for the LR3. The numbers between the 2 tires are fairly much the same with very little difference, a couple of points here and there, until it comes to winter driving, where the Silent Armors blow the Avons clear out of the water. So to sumarize one more time, the SAs will do everything most other tires out there can do, PLUS everything they CAN'T.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LR3 Tires

I have the avon st I am in Northern Mich so alot of snow ect. They are a very good all-season and do fine in the snow. With that beeing said I will not replace them with the same. I like to go out on trails and enjoy having a LR3. So I will be getting either the GY SA like Jantz reccomends or I may try Hankooks new at. But If you do not take your LR on the trail you will be fine but since you have a summer tire I would go with a dedicated snow tire such as the blizzak the crappiest snow tire is better in the snow than the best at or all-season. I only rune one set of rims and tires for everything. I have taken the avon on the trail and have been impressed on how well they have done on the trail in the summer and winter. I have around 20k miles on them and they are not wearing out fast enuf. I WANT AN A/T! The wear is good.
You should get 60k out of the Avons. The GY SA is a 50k mile tire.