Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/)
-   -   I loooove my lr3! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/i-loooove-my-lr3-39473/)

TElam 03-26-2011 04:55 PM

I loooove my lr3!

5 Attachment(s)
sorry to be selfish and give my LR3 it's own thread but I love it so much!

Attachment 4249

Attachment 4250

Attachment 4251

Attachment 4252

Attachment 4253

Rover Family 03-26-2011 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is awesome! I love your roof rack and stripes! My family just picked up a 2007 LR3 today in Houston, and I'm looking forward to participating on the LR forum and having some fun with our LR3. We just traded in a 98 Tahoe that we beat pretty hard during its life, and we are so looking forward to our LR3!!! :)

Mack73 03-27-2011 11:41 AM

How do you like the hood black out? I have heard some quality issues with the cut out (multiple pick up points with the cutter)

TElam 03-27-2011 12:37 PM

The hood blackout I did myself. It was not one you can order online. I work at a tint shop in seattle I have access to all sorts of films and the equipment to cut it out properly. However, I love it!

BD_LR4 04-01-2011 12:46 AM

what size wheels and tires are you running? i love the look!!! hopefully you plan on taking this offroad.

TElam 04-10-2011 07:17 PM

They are the goodyear duratrac's. If I remember correctly they are 275/65/18. Many Lr3 owners have these tires. I have used them with and without the rod mods. The stock height can take these tires with some rubbing but that being said I would recommend the rod mods. I drive this car daily with no problems with anything, and yes I take this offroad any chance I get! These tires BTW are awesome! I have driven In pretty much everything with them and they have handled excellent

BD_LR4 04-11-2011 12:09 AM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the brakes on the new LR4 are larger, so I cannot move to 18 inch rims. for now, my only real option on the 19's are the pirelli scorpion atr.

Your ride looks sweet! Glad to hear you are taking it where it was meant to be driven.

aussiepete 04-14-2011 10:17 PM

This guy got 18" wheels to fit the RRS & D4 here in Australia ... peolpe seem very happy with them.
Show us your Disco / RRS! - Page 3 - Australian Land Rover Owners

give him a call for details.
cheers

yloDiscoII 04-15-2011 06:49 PM

Nice ride!

.....where is your tint shop in Seattle, and do you offer a Land Rover Forum Discount???:D:D

BD_LR4 04-16-2011 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by aussiepete (Post 239556)
This guy got 18" wheels to fit the RRS & D4 here in Australia ... peolpe seem very happy with them.
Show us your Disco / RRS! - Page 3 - Australian Land Rover Owners

give him a call for details.
cheers

Thanks for the info. In the US, we only have the gas 5.0 liter v8, not the TDV6. I thought i read that the gas version got beefed up brakes, but that the diesel version retained a smaller brake diameter. The smaller diameter would allow for a smaller rim size.

i did some research and have a link to the size of the diesel brakes:
2010 Land Rover Discovery 4 Technical Specifications and data. Engine, Dimensions and Mechanical details. (LR4) | Conceptcarz.com

i also found an article which gave an overview of the US specs in the text of the article. i have copied the text below as well as a link to the full article:
"Increased stopping power

A new, larger brake system has been introduced to cater to the LR4's enhanced performance and to improve braking feel. This new system is inspired by the four-piston, opposed-caliper high-performance system from the Range Rover Sport. It employs 14.2-inch (360mm) ventilated front discs with new, cast iron twin-piston sliding calipers, reducing front brake package size while preserving stiffness and excellent pedal feel. At the rear, single-piston aluminum sliding calipers now help reduce weight and clamp down on 13.8-inch (350mm) ventilated discs."

2010 Land Rover LR4 - Pictures, Features, Specs, Pricing | Auto Spectator: New car reviews, pics, info & specs

Please let me know if someone else can confirm this.