LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc

I've had my V8 06' LR3 for almost a year now. Been a great truck - very reliable, fast, sporty, sharp. I also have a 03 H2 which I really like, but I must say the LR3 keeps up (but my wife would argue that the LR3 kicks ***).

Anyways, I done a few mods to it including: chrome handle covers, chrome mirror covers, tinted wind/rain guards on all windows, full stainless performance exhaust from front to back including chrome tips out the back (awesome sound), and chrome front grill accents. Next I'm looking for a nice set of 20-22" wheels to replace the stock 18" wheels.

I'd love to look at some of yuour customized LR3 to give me ideas. I'll post some of my pictures after a few replies (too lazy to gte my digital camera out right now).

Thanks

Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Three Wheeling

Not really planning on taking her off-road with all that shininess and especially going to the larger wheel?

Well a benefit is, if you don't keep the 18's you should be able to sell them fairly easily to get more rig-bling. (check out California Chrome- they might have a package you'd like. I got my wheels done there, but I went down to an 18 and got them done in black).

Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Where is the list of smiley faces at? I need the puking one to use in reply to this thread.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Where is the list of smiley faces at? I need the puking one to use in reply to this thread.

That is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen on LRF. But seriously, who blings a land rover. They are rovers of the land, not street queens

Hatch

Old 09-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Overlanding
Thumbs up I am 100% on board

Originally Posted by Dan_da_LR3_H2_man
I've had my V8 06' LR3 for almost a year now. Been a great truck - very reliable, fast, sporty, sharp. I also have a 03 H2 which I really like, but I must say the LR3 keeps up (but my wife would argue that the LR3 kicks ***).

Anyways, I done a few mods to it including: chrome handle covers, chrome mirror covers, tinted wind/rain guards on all windows, full stainless performance exhaust from front to back including chrome tips out the back (awesome sound), and chrome front grill accents. Next I'm looking for a nice set of 20-22" wheels to replace the stock 18" wheels.

I'd love to look at some of yuour customized LR3 to give me ideas. I'll post some of my pictures after a few replies (too lazy to gte my digital camera out right now).

Thanks
I am right there with you. I bought my LR3 after getting rid of my 9 year old Dodge Durango. I have no interest in going off-road all the time so I replaced the stock 18's with some bombastic 24's. I looked at 20s and 22's but they were too small IMO. They made the vehicle look too high unless you lowered the suspension. SOOOOOOOOOO, I went to the local LR dealer to look at their showroom and found that 24's looked best. The vehicle was already an eye grabber but now it is the baddest on the block - in just about every place I go.

I cannot post much now since my personal system is not with me now but I will post later what I have done so far. Here is my LR3 at night. I am really interested in the exhaust mod, new air filters and just about anything to push to HP up to something that can get out faster. Oh, and colored brake calipers or caliper covers to be exact.

Btw, you show me yours - equivalent exchange and all.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc-lr3nightphoto.jpg  

Last edited by Mikeysos; 09-01-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Blank title
Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Overlanding
Default Pics of my LR3

As promised.

Custom plates included. Notice that these are 24s and the vehicle is at its normal driving height. If lowered it looks awesome-er like the showroom models at Dallas Landrover.

Of course, a thicker tire will look better so I suggest you get a place who is ready to deal and will put the tires on and let you decide from multiple sizes. The shop I went to told me I could even do a 26 but I declined.

Attached Thumbnails I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc-dscn0070.jpg   I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc-dscn0041.jpg  

Last edited by Mikeysos; 09-01-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can lengthen the height sensor rods to lower your vehicle just like we shorten them to raise you r vehicle in all modes. I would try 3-5mm first then maybe up to 10mm

Dan it is ok you have to put the bling and huge rims on your LR3 just so your H2 dose not look so inept. :LMAO:

Last edited by drzjoint; 09-01-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Overlanding
Talking LEngthening and shortening?

you can lengthen the height sensor rods to lower your vehicle just like we shorten them to raise you r vehicle in all modes. I would try 3-5mm first then maybe up to 10mm

Hi. Is there any documentation on doing this? Also, my brother and cousin each have detail shops in urban areas. Hummers and Escalades are mainstays there but to a man, they both praised the LR3 over the other two for different reasons. I encountered one person that told me they do not like LR3's because they are too boxy - until she rode inside. Afterwards, she said what many people say - the exterior does not do justice to the interior of this vehicle.

I am okay with not modifying my exhaust too much and the sound system is great enough for me. The only other mod I would really like to move forward on now is some brake caliper covers in red, maybe blue. My challenge is to find the right size.

After that change Hiyorinmaru will truly "reign over the frozen heavens".

See... my LR3 is um, like a Dragon, get it?

Old 09-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know anyone who has ran with longer height sensor rods, but we use shorter ones for the trail; the theory is the same, so it would work fine. It would be easy to fab up longer ones. I make shorter ones for guys all the time. You would just cut them and add a spacer in between. I don't know how long you would want to go, but you could play with it, and dial it in perfectly.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:11 PM
4th Gear

somewhere, someone is installing a 6" lift kit and off road tires on a mercedes S550...

Quick Reply: I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc