LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks I stole the compass idea from another guy one of the forums He put it directly on the vehicle. I slowly add stickers I recently put the kids hands on there sides. when It was stickerless people thought it was a test vehicle. I would tell them it is a 2012.

Name:  GLLRCMay2009058Large-vi.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  228.8 KB
Name:  IMG_5175.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  223.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6429.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  26.7 KB

Last edited by drzjoint; 10-14-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Drifting
Location: Mid-Alantic State, Tidewater Area - Chesapeake, VA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sn1987
i love the "dont follow me, you wont make it" bumper sticker :-D. I would sure take the challenge :-D
Well, I'd sure go for it too, but it looks like you're on the other side of the pond. Would be fun!

Here is a link to pics of a place (Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA.) I went to at the first of the year. Before the LR3, I was a Tundra fanatic. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/galle...?c=1272&userid=

Ice storm two weeks before we went in, then a snowfall the day before. Stayed in single digit temps (F) all day and wind picked up to 20 mph and gusting. Fun was had by all, only two stuck vehicles all day. Led to my having a Triple Bypass heart surgery a few days later, but I still had fun.

I'd love to go back, but I just found out that I have to get my neck fixed first or I'll not be able to use my other body parts. Long story....

BJ

Last edited by Bad Bonez BJ; 10-16-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mikeysos
Another shot of my LR.
Hummm, nice truck! The right WheelSkin on the steering wheel and the right color dash trim kit would a "good feel" to the inside (I didn't see what color your interior was).

Glad I could help out with the advise on painting the calipers. I still haven't done mine due to some other issues on my plate right now. I would like to see pics when you're done.

Good luck and have fun!
BJ

Last edited by Bad Bonez BJ; 10-16-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Tunr off signature again.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by drzjoint
Thanks I stole the compass idea from another guy one of the forums He put it directly on the vehicle. I slowly add stickers I recently put the kids hands on there sides. when It was stickerless people thought it was a test vehicle. I would tell them it is a 2012.

I like the concept! Protects from eveything. I'm assumig the blue tape is masking tape to help seal against water? These would also allow different sponsor logo's or what-ever to be displayed too.

Where do you find the magnetic stuff that large? Black is a real PITA to keep clean and shiney and it looks like you've done it.
BJ

Old 10-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Bad Bonez BJ
Hummm, nice truck! The right WheelSkin on the steering wheel and the right color dash trim kit would a "good feel" to the inside (I didn't see what color your interior was).

Glad I could help out with the advise on painting the calipers. I still haven't done mine due to some other issues on my plate right now. I would like to see pics when you're done.

Good luck and have fun!
BJ
Thanks. The interior is black. I have a 2,3 and 4 year old so the peanut butter interior I wanted would not have survived!

The funny thing is I did not even notice that I had no trim on the side until I saw your photos.

The calipers are giving me a bit of a problem. I did the inside part and it "Pops" like I want but the wings attached (I guess that what they are called) are still that ugly brown. I am trying to determine if I should paint them red as well.

I had it detailed the other day to take a group to lunch. They loved it! It's obvious that I do absolutely no off-roading and like mine for the 7 seat capacity and the luxury. I feel more joy in rolling downtown at night during the TX/OU celebration or taking a road trip to see my daughter at college or just camping out at Sonics for burgers watching a movie with the kids. I certainly love to watch off-road events.

Thanks for the advise and being inclusive. I will post the pics of the calipers when I finish. It hope it looks like I want it to.

Mike

Old 10-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mikeysos
Thanks. The interior is black. I have a 2,3 and 4 year old so the peanut butter interior I wanted would not have survived!

The funny thing is I did not even notice that I had no trim on the side until I saw your photos.

The calipers are giving me a bit of a problem. I did the inside part and it "Pops" like I want but the wings attached (I guess that what they are called) are still that ugly brown. I am trying to determine if I should paint them red as well.

I had it detailed the other day to take a group to lunch. They loved it! It's obvious that I do absolutely no off-roading and like mine for the 7 seat capacity and the luxury. I feel more joy in rolling downtown at night during the TX/OU celebration or taking a road trip to see my daughter at college or just camping out at Sonics for burgers watching a movie with the kids. I certainly love to watch off-road events.

Thanks for the advise and being inclusive. I will post the pics of the calipers when I finish. It hope it looks like I want it to.

Mike
I think what you are referring to as "wings" is the caliper mount bracket and yes, I plan to paint mine.

This is what I would like to add tothe LR3,
A Big Brake Kit that I installed on my '03 Tundra when I had it. This turned out to be a show truck (winning at Auto Shows), daily driver, AND off-road truck.
The Big Brake Kits for the LR3 are $4k and change for the front and just under $4k for the rear. Just a tad too rich for me.

Here is another pic showing how I used the truck,

and when it wasn't muddy, it was always detailed out as if going for a show trophy. Why else drive it?

I plan to do some other mods to this LR3 but no where near what I did with that truck. It's still in the family, my now 17 year old son has helped me work on it since I first got it, and he drives it today.

BJ

Last edited by Bad Bonez BJ; 10-17-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny is how from yotas everybody tries to do something they are not while rovers everybody keep untouched. That yota when stock looks so boring and common, yours was however cool.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get it in a 2' wide roll. the tape keeps it down when you hit 80 on the freeway or lifted off from brush. sign shop can get you a roll

Old 10-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by drzjoint
I get it in a 2' wide roll. the tape keeps it down when you hit 80 on the freeway or lifted off from brush. sign shop can get you a roll
Yeah, Ok. I know a sign shop that can help me out. I used them before for installing some side graphics on another vehicle. Thanks for the info.

I just found out on Friday that my off-roading days are on hold for the next couple of months, even my daily driving is on hold. Doc told me that I need some work on my neck before my head looses contact with the rest of the body. Gota do what he says.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by sn1987
funny is how from yotas everybody tries to do something they are not while rovers everybody keep untouched. That yota when stock looks so boring and common, yours was however cool.
Thanks. I put a lot into it. Under the hood I added some performance enhancements to that little 4.7 L V8. CAI, headers, cat-back perfomance dual exhaust, performance chip, fuel catalyst and then I added as much bling as I could.

A great truck to work on. Parts are about twice what it cost to do the same to a Ford/Chevy and half what it cost to do this LR3.

Quick Reply: I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc