LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Power Steering Fluid..help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlantaViking
Without first hand feedback, you are asking for something that is almost impossible to provide. Since you have a shop between you and the issue, a lot can be lost in translation.

I think you'll get more educated responses if you have the shop provide photo(s) of the problem areas to you and then perhaps you could put them up here so others can put your descriptions to the actual images.
Just looking for past experience with this problem.
Can you imagine me asking them to take pictures..yeechs.
Any way they are giving it another go right now..I mentioned Burred seat in case they didn't think of it and they said they will check.
Cheers

Old 05-30-2019, 06:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts
Default Pics...

....they shouldn't have an issue with that. I've had Dealer Service people do that for me without my asking. This day and age with phone cameras and all that, it's just a better way to convey info.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Default Hose changed ...again..still leaking at seat of Rack

Hose changed again..oem...two days of driving still leaking at seat of Rack.
They are thinking Rack needs changing..
Any other suggestions of what couse cause this?

Last edited by Athana; 06-03-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

If the seat on the rack is damaged than it would need to be smoothed, have the nick filled then smoothed or replace the rack.

Sorry for the delay but I have been out giving the LR3 a good workout with minimal cell service

Old 06-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Rock Crawling
Default Rack replacement

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
If the seat on the rack is damaged than it would need to be smoothed, have the nick filled then smoothed or replace the rack.

Sorry for the delay but I have been out giving the LR3 a good workout with minimal cell service
Hi.thanks as always.They are going to replace the Rack and buy a rebuilt one..cause a new one is $750..Do you think that's ok ?

Old 06-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

I have had 50% success rate with rebuilt racks. I guess it all depends on the state of the rack prior to rebuild.

As long as you have a warranty, the shop/dealer should replace for free if not good.

We stopped installing rebuilt racks at our shop because I don't like doing things twice.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Default Oh oh..

Originally Posted by abran
I have had 50% success rate with rebuilt racks. I guess it all depends on the state of the rack prior to rebuild.

As long as you have a warranty, the shop/dealer should replace for free if not good.
We stopped installing rebuilt racks at our shop because I don't like doing things twice.
They found and decided to get an "Original equipment Remanufactured Rack".
He seemed to believe in it and cost more ($550) than the rebuilt ones he was going to get($450)
I sure hope it is warranted,I'll ask tomorrow when our friend is back in at Shoppe.
Thank you so much for input much appreciated.
A replacement piece like this just shouldn't cost so much new($750)..if I could easily afford it I'd be happy to to put it in this car cause we love it and has been a blessing to own it

Old 06-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Default Is it possible..

Hi Abran
Is it possible while we are steering Rack is moving and is why hose O Ring is getting destroyed?
Thank you

Old 06-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Sorry, I do not quite understand your ?...

Old 06-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Rock Crawling

Sorry, I do not quite understand your ?...
Is it possible Rack is loose on what ever it's mounted on and could be moving while steering..wearing destroying O ring?

Quick Reply: Leaking Power Steering Fluid..help!!