Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/)
-   -   Manual lock and key remote (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/manual-lock-key-remote-46279/)

bribake 12-30-2011 11:20 AM

Manual lock and key remote

Hi all, my key remote has not been working for some time now so I have been using the manual lock to lock/unlock my LR3.

Now the manual lock has stopped working, meaning the key won't lock/unlock the door. Has anyone else had to replace the lock?

Happy Holidays!

mirepoixmatt 12-30-2011 12:55 PM

Really. That's a shccker! It doesn't turn?

bribake 12-30-2011 01:38 PM

Turns a little but lock wont engage.

Rovin4life 12-30-2011 08:20 PM

you may have something beside the lock broken, you have to pull the door panel off.

but if the remote doesn't work its possible the green and white wire on the passenger side is corroded and needs a simple repair.

bribake 12-30-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rovin4life (Post 290019)
you may have something beside the lock broken, you have to pull the door panel off.

but if the remote doesn't work its possible the green and white wire on the passenger side is corroded and needs a simple repair.

Thanks. How hard is it to get the door panel off? I imagine that would need to be removed on the passenger side to access the green and white wire.

mbamka 05-29-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by bribake (Post 290040)
Thanks. How hard is it to get the door panel off? I imagine that would need to be removed on the passenger side to access the green and white wire.

Hi, same thing happened to us today. How did you resolve? Which costs more, the new key or fixing the broken lock?

We also had the same issue with corroded wires that impacted the remote operation. Fixed the wires under passenger side, and then had to fix the corroded wires under driver side about a year later.

Savannah Buzz 05-29-2012 10:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's info on the panels, etc.

bbyer 05-31-2012 01:06 AM

may be nothing actually needs replacement

Sometimes the locking cams, rods and levers inside the door get out of sync with each other. If the power door lock and unlock buttons on the middle dash still operate, try electrically locking and unlocking the doors a few times. Sometimes that will get the bits back in place.

If you have to tear the door card off, then try the same thing, but with your fingers. Probably nothing has broken, just bits got out of place.

bmartindale 06-20-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by bribake (Post 289953)
Hi all, my key remote has not been working for some time now so I have been using the manual lock to lock/unlock my LR3.

Now the manual lock has stopped working, meaning the key won't lock/unlock the door. Has anyone else had to replace the lock?

Happy Holidays!

I just had a similar issue, my remotes decided to stop responding one day, they now work periodically. Used the manual locks for awhile, then one day, manual lock doesn't work. turn it opposite direction, unlocks but when I open the door the alarm system goes off until I get in and turn the key in the ignition. I've noticed yesterday, I hit the lock/unlock buttons to see what happened, it did nothing, but later when I was walking outside to my other car and get something out of the trunk, the LR3 lights started flashing 6-9 times very fast and then locked itself(it was unlocked before)
I know its not the key, because I have two fobs and both stopped working at the same time. I have had issues before where the car wouldn't start unless I put it into neutral, but believe that was due to the old linkage.

Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Will check wires today out of curiosity, but I don't think the wires are bad because the remotes work periodically. Now every time I used the manual unlock the alarm goes off but is silenced by the key being put in ignition.