LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking brake seize

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking brake seize

Hello,

I am hoping I can get a little help with making sure my LR Dealer resolves an issue with my 06 LR3. In short while drive at freeway speeds, my LR began violently shaking, I pulled of at the nearest gas station to see what might be wrong and when I got to the right rear wheelwell it was pouring out stinky black smoke. The rotor and wheel were so hot that I burnt my fingers on the wheel. I got home and after some forum searches several folks on some of the UK LR forums have had the identical situation. It appears to be an issue with a connector the leads to the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake.) The connector is not properly sealed and is subject to corrosion. One of the other forum posters indicated that Ford was aware of this but had no resolution. We had 14 days of snow here in Washington so I have been commuting thur Snow, Salt, Sand & De-Icer, which I assume is what cuased this fault.

I did print the post from the other forums, and left them with my dealer to read, as again the post was identical to what happened to me. I am just hoping someone here knows of either a Recall, GTR or known issue that I can reference to make sure they fix this while still under warranty. Seems the other folks that had this problem ended up also needing the rotor replaced as the amount of friction and heat created at freeway speeds warped the rotor.

Thnx for any help!!!