Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/)
-   -   Project LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/project-lr3-57755/)

voodor35 03-21-2013 10:17 AM

Project LR3

xxxxx

paintpollz 03-21-2013 10:51 AM

Nice looking rover. I like your current upgrades, however, some of your "Future Plans" are stupid.

Originally Posted by voodor35 (Post 386675)
Future Plans:
Dresden Grille Kit or Sport grille kit in chrome
Spyder Grille Guard
Side steps
Illuminating door sills
Painted fender and bumper plastics to color match car
Color matched door handle covers and mirror covers
Suede headliner
22" or 24" most likely Asanti or Lexani Wheels
Range Rover Sport front Brembo calipers
Slotted rotors and steel lines all around
Magnaflow exhaust

-Spyder Grille Guard, what purpose does this serve?
-Color matched door handle covers, mirror covers, etc. Why waste your money?
-Suede headliner - :rolleyes:. Waste of $.
-22" or 24" wheels Asanti or Lexani wheels - That's just hood rich.
-Slotted rotors and steel lines. - Without bigger calipers, you will see no performance increase, and a decrease in pad life.

It's pretty clear that appearance means a lot to you, and you want to stand out in the crowd. You current upgrades are tasteful in my opinion and it does enough to differentiate yourself from others, but your future upgrades are just wrong. This is your truck and you should do whatever you want to it, but as someone sitting on the sidelines, I'd rather see you put that money towards a better cause. Like the steep repair bills that you will encounter in the future, but especially the GT-R:)

houm_wa 03-21-2013 03:30 PM

ditto

Doc Fluty 03-21-2013 04:02 PM

I am a fan of automobiles.. so im not stuck to one particular "style". I think the idea of 22s on LR3s could be awesome.

Keep us updated on the progress of your ride!

mx468 03-21-2013 08:55 PM

To each their own, if he has the loot to spend on all the bling, he'll have money to spend on any necessary repairs. Hey voodor35 I see you have ri plates, what parts are you from. I live in Newport, RI.

houm_wa 03-21-2013 11:10 PM

I just see the LR3 as more a workhorse, than a bling-mobile. Heck get a 2003 L322 or even a 2002 P38 and bling it 'til your heart's content.

voodor35 03-22-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by paintpollz (Post 386685)
Nice looking rover. I like your current upgrades, however, some of your "Future Plans" are stupid.

-Spyder Grille Guard, what purpose does this serve?
-Color matched door handle covers, mirror covers, etc. Why waste your money?
-Suede headliner - :rolleyes:. Waste of $.
-22" or 24" wheels Asanti or Lexani wheels - That's just hood rich.
-Slotted rotors and steel lines. - Without bigger calipers, you will see no performance increase, and a decrease in pad life.

It's pretty clear that appearance means a lot to you, and you want to stand out in the crowd. You current upgrades are tasteful in my opinion and it does enough to differentiate yourself from others, but your future upgrades are just wrong. This is your truck and you should do whatever you want to it, but as someone sitting on the sidelines, I'd rather see you put that money towards a better cause. Like the steep repair bills that you will encounter in the future, but especially the GT-R:)

You have great points and I deff agree with everything including your last paragraph. I fell in love with the project Khan lr3 and wanted to create something similar. In particular, I just liked the strut grille (now discontinued) so I was in search for something else. I wanted to buy the Asanti one and unfortunately it was gone as well. The only expensive "baller aka bling" grille they sell is the dresden one from Germany. However it's price of $1400 makes me think twice about it which is why I am looking into the sport grille. As far as the grille guard is concerned I find most ugly with the exception of the one on the khan rover and think it would serve as a good protection for the grille and headlights as I put quite some time Into taking them apart and sealing them properly. The fenders I'm getting are only costing me $200 from a guy who works at the local dealer however they are painted dark blue so they will need repaint. I'd never buy them at the factory price of $1100+ . I guess you can say I hate all the plastics on the outside bc wax makes them white and they always fade. Perhaps I should have got a lr4 but this option still is helping save more money in the long run. The gt-r I been long due for and will come eventually but home renovation can get quite expensive and set you back. But really thanks for the feedback makes me re think for sure. As far as rims are concerned I just want some expensive rims for the summer months and plan to use the oem ones for all other seasons. The tires are great still so I'm not in a rush to change them but I'll get snow tires for the oem ones for the winter months and rock nice rims in the summer.

voodor35 03-22-2013 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by mx468 (Post 386817)
To each their own, if he has the loot to spend on all the bling, he'll have money to spend on any necessary repairs. Hey voodor35 I see you have ri plates, what parts are you from. I live in Newport, RI.

I bought it in Rhode Island however it's registered in CT. Still cheaper than what Long Island was like. I am originally from CT though lived in Li for a while.

Thanks for making a good point haha. I mean I just want it looking classy. to each their own. If I wanted to really get into off roading I would have got the Defender but I like my street cars. This trucks more or less of a side project and giving it a few enhancements.

voodor35 03-22-2013 01:32 PM

xxxxx

slickzero76 03-22-2013 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love the look of the 22" wheels on mine.