LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 LR3 SE ~ Suspension Fault ~ Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 LR3 SE ~ Suspension Fault ~ Sensor?

Hello fellow LR owners! I'm new to the site as i've only had my LR3 for 9 months or so. This site was very useful to me a few months ago when I couldn't open my tailgate - Stupid broken pin. I'm happy to say that even if the truck fell apart, that wire will never fall off again! (Those of you that have experienced this know what I'm talking about i'm sure.)

So now I'm getting the suspension fault - normal height only. For a while now, when I put it in offroad height, the compressors would stay on for a very long time. All 4 corners go up and down fine - It just doesn't stop pumping for a while. Now, even when I first start it up in normal height, the compressors chug for way too long. A few times recently, I received the fault. If I pull over and shut her down before starting her back up sometimes the fault wouldn't come back until a few drives later.

After doing some research, I left the door open over night to see if there was a leak. When I went out the next morning, she was still level, which leads me to believe she's not leaking. With this being said, would anybody be able to agree with my thought that it might be one of my height sensors? (I like to start with the easiest/cheapest first.) Please note this fault started just after doing my rear brakes and replacing one of my rear rotors - Jacking the rear of the truck up off the ground is sure to loosen a thing or two and swinging away with a hammer to pop that rotor off wasn't the most delicate of jobs. (Also, the compressor that stays on seems to be in the rear.) I'm out of warranty so I was thinking I'd check the connection first before replacing the sensor but I haven't found any pics or descriptions of where the sensors are located. Do I have to remove the wheel to get to them or are they on the inside?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by geekay; 03-26-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:07 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

it could be anything. stop trying to research the problem and get the codes diagnosed.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm having same issue. I only drive my lr3 on weekends so it sits in my garage for a few days. I noticed that the lr3 is leaning towards the driver side and as days go by it getes worse.