Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/)
-   -   Terrain Response stuck on "Grass Gravel &Snow" (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/terrain-response-stuck-grass-gravel-snow-81727/)

Patrick Duffy 11-18-2016 06:23 PM

Terrain Response stuck on "Grass Gravel &Snow"

Very icy last night so switched the LR3 Terrain Response to "Grass Gravel &Snow". Today it will not select back to normal or any other program. Turning the knob has no effect. No error messages displayed other than the notice saying what program it is in. Wondering if disconnecting the battery for 30 mins may reset the ECU?

cmb6s 11-18-2016 10:01 PM

That would be my first course of action. Shut the car off and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Then, disconnect the battery and touch the two battery cables together for 30 seconds or so. Reattach to the battery and see what happens.

Patrick Duffy 11-19-2016 05:28 PM

Will give that a try next time my wife is off work (nurse, goes to work in the dark and gets back in the dark!) Thanks!

Patrick Duffy 11-27-2016 11:12 AM

I tried the battery disconnect and ground yesterday. It did not fix the problem. I then plugged in my Autel which works fine on my Disco 2 and seems to work on the LR3 too. There were no codes showing. Checked everything I could. Unplugged it and the problem was fixed! Weird!

Ilea Moore 02-28-2020 09:52 AM

Stuck also in GGS HELP!

Originally Posted by Patrick Duffy (Post 586305)
I tried the battery disconnect and ground yesterday. It did not fix the problem. I then plugged in my Autel which works fine on my Disco 2 and seems to work on the LR3 too. There were no codes showing. Checked everything I could. Unplugged it and the problem was fixed! Weird!

I did the same thing with the battery reset and it didn’t do anything so I tried it twice and it still didn’t do anything did anybody ever figure out how to get it out of the grass gravel train mode because mines stuck and it pulls a hell of a lot of gas when you don’t need it

houm_wa 02-28-2020 12:42 PM

You sure about that? GGS Mode tends to take throttle AWAY when you step on the gas pedal.

Ilea Moore 02-28-2020 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by houm_wa (Post 720966)
You sure about that? GGS Mode tends to take throttle AWAY when you step on the gas pedal.

absolutely ... way bigger difference in gas milage on the expressway . But back to getting it out of the GGS mode . Any thoughts ??? I did buy it with new wrangler tires on it . Could it be that? Not sure if they balanced them.

ArmyRover 02-28-2020 01:54 PM

Could simply be a faulty switch

Ilea Moore 02-28-2020 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 720971)
Could simply be a faulty switch

but which switch ?? Middle counsel ?? Or like an actual switch under the hood ? . The knob itself turned it there . And turned back n forth at one point to other differentials , it’s just now not moving at all to the other selections .

houm_wa 02-28-2020 02:23 PM

I would try putting it in 4-Lo and driving it around and then selecting a different model, see what happens. ....just to perturb its state.