LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three amigos and im stumped

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 10:29 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three amigos and im stumped

Alright gents. 2006 lr3 V8 se, I have the park brake light, traction light, and roll warning light all in Amber color and the truck lowers to access mode. (Three amigos apparently) It ONLY happens after 10-15 miles on the freeway going 70+ mph. Not anywhere else. The car drives normal lowered and the abs hasn't locked up at all. I read up on it and I have already replaced the following: all brake light bulbs (all OEM), the brake light switch, and I replaced all 4 ABS wheel speed sensors (fronts were a pain) and it still does it!! I'm lost, please if any one has an idea let me know as I'm about to pull my hair out.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Wheel ANGLE sensors can cause this too. Also check battery health. A code would be helpful.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Wheel ANGLE sensors can cause this too. Also check battery health. A code would be helpful.
Thanks for the reply, by angle sensor are you referring to the ride height sensor? How would I know if one is bad? I was getting code u0121 "lost communication with abs module" battery is healthy and no issues there

Old 09-17-2019, 02:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Hmmm.....a "U" code doesn't sound like one that would drive these symptoms.

No. The height sensors are different.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Drifting

Theres a sensor on the steering wheel that tells the ecu steering angle. It could be bad or you could have an alignment issue. My rrs did the same thing after I changed the tie rods until i had it aligned at the dealer.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:10 PM
4th Gear

Will look into steering wheel sensor. Have read that corroded ground wires can cause this as well, not sure if you know of anything like that? Just trying to think of why it would only happen at freeway speeds.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ovrlandrovr
Will look into steering wheel sensor. Have read that corroded ground wires can cause this as well, not sure if you know of anything like that? Just trying to think of why it would only happen at freeway speeds.
It only happens at thruway speeds because its monitoring the difference in speed between the wheels on the left at right side. At lower speeds the difference isn't that great so the vehicle doesn't think its going in a direction different than where the steering wheel angle positioner is reading. At high speeds it becomes more apparent that the vehicle is going straight although the steering wheel sensor says you should be turning and then the code is set.

It can happen at low speeds if the steering angle is way off. When i replaced my lower steering column I accidentally reattached 360° off. The truck would immediately start activating the brakes on one side when i was driving because it thought I should have been in hard turn while i was going straight. after a few seconds the code would trip and it would stop.

Last edited by Luc1f3r; 09-18-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:45 AM
4th Gear

Sounds good, these are the lights I'm showing. Is there a way to disable the suspension lowering while I work on the fix?

Old 09-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

You can pull the suspension fuse once you have it at height. That will prevent lowering.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:35 PM
Drifting

I usually pulled the negative lead on the battery.

Quick Reply: Three amigos and im stumped