Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR3 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/)
-   -   Wet floorboards. Fixes not working. Help! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/wet-floorboards-fixes-not-working-help-94351/)

jmac 04-15-2019 03:55 PM

Wet floorboards. Fixes not working. Help!

2006 LR3 SE - I've had water soak both driver and passenger side floorboards over the past several years. I have recently replaced both sunroof drain hoses and replaced the lower windshield cowl. Just had a big rain and guess what, the floorboards were wet. Not soaked, but damp. What am I missing? Where else could water be getting in?

Thanks!
John
Kansas City

DakotaTravler 04-15-2019 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are typically three entry points:
Sunroof drains (front and rear)
Cowl
A-pillars

Did you service the exterior a-pillar trim?

jmac 04-15-2019 04:08 PM

No, I have not serviced the A pillar yet. I will look into it immediately. Thank you!

Blackngold77 04-15-2019 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by jmac (Post 687372)
2006 LR3 SE - I've had water soak both driver and passenger side floorboards over the past several years. I have recently replaced both sunroof drain hoses and replaced the lower windshield cowl. Just had a big rain and guess what, the floorboards were wet. Not soaked, but damp. What am I missing? Where else could water be getting in?

Thanks!
John
Kansas City

its only like $100 total. worth it to just buy new A pillar covers. Thats almost certainly where its coming from.

30 second repair and no tools needed. just pull the old ones off, line the new ones up and hit em down with your palm

houm_wa 04-16-2019 12:21 AM

$100?

Where are you sourcing A-Pillar trim pieces for $50 each??

Blackngold77 04-16-2019 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by houm_wa (Post 687443)
Where are you sourcing A-Pillar trim pieces for $50 each??

haha, guess my memory failed me.

revised...only $165 total

MIKE@LK8PARTS 04-16-2019 08:59 AM

I work for a company called Lucky 8 in Clarence Ny i have these A Pillars in stock the pair would be $ 200 shipped if interested please email me at miker@lk8parts.com thank you

06LR3HSE 05-11-2019 06:04 PM

Have you blown out the AC drains on both sides?

jmac 05-11-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 06LR3HSE (Post 690202)
Have you blown out the AC drains on both sides?

I have not done that. I ended up changing the A pillars and no longer have water in the floorboards. But guess what, we had a gigantic rain last week and there was water in the dome light. That has never happened. So now I've got to figure that out...

Blackngold77 05-11-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by jmac (Post 690203)
I have not done that. I ended up changing the A pillars and no longer have water in the floorboards. But guess what, we had a gigantic rain last week and there was water in the dome light. That has never happened. So now I've got to figure that out...

Sunroof drains.

They're on the L and R front corners of the sunroof tray.

Passenger side exits behind the side grille. Pop off the grill and snip the end off the drain (clog point).

Drivers side is a little trickier. Pop off the wheelwell shield and reach up towards the steering wheel in that cavity. Best bet is a razor blade to add slices.

Also blow air from the top through the drains to clear it out