LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

I think they redesigned the coolant reservoir. Might get that updated....

Old 08-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So i ordered the Gap tool, also 2 new front air struts, should be here Monday, so ill ne putting them on this week

looking at getting the Contiental terraincontact a/t on tire rack before vacation in September

lately i have the tick at cold start for a few seconds, which after some research sounds like the vvt, anyone have any luck with it. Im going to first do an oil change it has been 4k since i did it. I usually use mobile 1 full synthetic, any better out there or different weight. I was going to get the k&n filter also

Old 08-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use Castrol 5/30 per specs by LR. A bit pricey but it seems to be working to keep within the recommended change cycle.
Only change every 7000 mi with filter and new drain plug that I order from AB on sale. I also use the stock air filter as I have heard negative chatter on the K&N.
the GAP tool might help you solve some issues like you seem to have.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03discotrayer
So i ordered the Gap tool, also 2 new front air struts, should be here Monday, so ill ne putting them on this week

looking at getting the Contiental terraincontact a/t on tire rack before vacation in September

lately i have the tick at cold start for a few seconds, which after some research sounds like the vvt, anyone have any luck with it. Im going to first do an oil change it has been 4k since i did it. I usually use mobile 1 full synthetic, any better out there or different weight. I was going to get the k&n filter also

please post photos of air front struts
thanks

Old 08-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Drifting

Definitely using the stock air filter, i was going to use the k&n oil filter. I saw a post by disco mike a wile back recommending to use the mobile 1, k&n, or royal purple oil filters, i have done some searching and mobile 1 does not make theirs anymore

Old 08-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Mudding
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Peters Mill VA LR3 (before suspension fault :-(

Old 08-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the help of my Rover Tech friend, and the GAP tool, adjusted the ride height from stock to add an inch to ride height and a bit more for off road height on my LR3. Haven't used the extra height that is already programmed into the off road height in rock and off road mode, that's next on another trip.
Did not go to the limit of the adjustments that are possible using the GAP tool.
The height difference is visibly noticeable so I am looking forward to the gain in clearance for some of the trails in CO.

Not too worried about COG as I rarely carry things on the RR except off road and I am aware of the limitations in doing that.
The nice thing is that the access height is not affected by doing these adjustments.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

boring as it may be, but got to do the fun of fixing drivers side leaks.

sunroof elbow rotted out at the firewall, replaced it. went through the car wash and had wet carpets again...

checked the A pillar covers and sure enough, could rock both of them off the windshield with no effort, so got the clips kit and did that too.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:10 AM
Drifting
Default Front struts

Just replaced both front struts, took a total of 2ish hours fromnset up to driving, went smoother than i expected. Originally only driver side was leaking but I replace both anyway

Tools used
Drivers side complete
Passenger side complete
Passenger side complete
Installed one upper nut and removed heat shield bracket to tighten down Air line nut
Old passenger side
Drivers side, used the knuckel ratchet to tighten back nut, worked really well, also used the 12mm i cut in half to tighten the air line nut, also worked really well
Old drivers side

Old 08-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

How do you like the Milwaukee Cordless impact? How is the battery life?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?