LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers not working

Hello everyone! I just purchased my second rover a 2006 LR3 SE7 and I love it, but today is the first day that rained since I got it and I discovered that the rain sensing/intermittent wipers setting does not work. The medium and and high settings work but not the lower setting. At first I thought it might be the fuse, so I looked in the manuel and ruled that out because the auto headlights work and based on the manual the same fuse is connected to both. What I am thinking is that it might be the switch should this be my next step? Any feedback or trouble shooting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Fuse 19? BCU?

From RAVE:

Operation of the front screen wash/wipe switch to the intermittent position allows a feed from
fuse 19 to pass on a GS wire, through header C0292, to the wash/wipe switch. The feed
passes through the switch contacts and is connected on an LGG wire to pin C0660-21 on
the BCU. The BCU interprets the signal as an intermittent wiper request and signals the IDM
via the serial data bus

Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Fuse 19? BCU?

From RAVE:

Operation of the front screen wash/wipe switch to the intermittent position allows a feed from
fuse 19 to pass on a GS wire, through header C0292, to the wash/wipe switch. The feed
passes through the switch contacts and is connected on an LGG wire to pin C0660-21 on
the BCU. The BCU interprets the signal as an intermittent wiper request and signals the IDM
via the serial data bus

This is an LR3 not a disco 2. If you don't have access to the info then don't post.

Getting back on track. the switch sends digital signals to the bcu. The rain sensor itself is on a lin bus and sends signals. if you pour water on the windshield it should activate. if it doesn't and even the speed dependent function doesn't work then its possible its the rain sensor but you do have to calibrate with sdd to get it working. but its possible the switch itself is not sending the signals but the only way to know for sure is to look at the signals coming from the bcu with a scan tool.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you I will pick up a scan tool today, when I had my Disco II I was always wanting one but then again the problems were always so obvious that I never really needed one. I tested the sensor with water today and nothing but I have a question about general function as well. In my BMW when I turn on the rain sensing wipers they do one swipe immediately when I flip the switch. Is it the same in the LR3 because that is currently no happening, the switch is flipped and then nothing. When I get the scanner I will post the codes.