LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i buy another disco4, 125k on clock

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 04:30 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i buy another disco4, 125k on clock

Hi guys, my third landy, two freelander 2s, my disco 4 2013 with 125k on has been to LR 8 times in 15 months with issues, from turbo,handbrake, coolant sensors etc. Am i just unlucky or is this the norm, not sure if i should buy another one or get a disco sport (not sure about offroad capability either)
comments?

Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Land Rovers and reliability IMO all come from the maintenance if you do all that is recommended and stay on top of small issues before they become big I believe they are not any more or less reliable than anything else that it is similar too. I love my rover and thats why I deal with the issues that it has here and there. Then again I also do my own work so it doesn't hit me in the piggy bank so hard. If you don't want to keep dealing with these kind of things and you can than sure trade up.

As for the discovery sport.... while it does have terrain response and some of the other things that will get you through some stuff it is nothing compared to the capability of the LR4. The biggest kicker being the lack of low range. While it has a very low first gear (on road the car usually starts in second) it is no comparison to a true low range transfer case. Not to mention the lack of air suspension is also not great. The big big kicker though is the wheels and tires. Land Rover knows that the soccer mom is now they're mass market and the offroader is the secondary. So they put rubber band thickness tires on everything thats coming off the line. I wouldn't dream of taking those tires off road and if you decide on a new model get the thickest tires you can.