LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a 12 or 13 LR Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a 12 or 13 LR Sport

Hello all,

I am considering buying a LR Sport, either a '12 or '13 so I get some warranty on my purchase. Really like the look and feel of this obviously 'cut above' type vehicle.

I have a couple of questions for you experienced guys out there please.

1) Are there major changes in features/body/motor from say the '11 to to the '12 and '13?

2) I see mixed reviews and checking car faxes see a lot of electrical issue with these cars. I'm even seeing some good deals, like a loaded '13 for (ask pirce) $49K with 11M miles out of a dealership in Fla BUT it's a buy back from the lemon law. The dealer tells you that upfront and says yes but it's completely reconditioned to new and warrantied as such.

What's your experience with these vehicles in general and your take on a vehicle like that?

3) For those of you in '12s and '13's what's your opinion of the car?

4) Outside of the normal channels like Autotrader, True Car, sccouring the net etc you have a reliable place for buying these cars?

For reference I currently have a Hummer pickup for my truck and I love it but looking for something a more luxurious and a older Maserati coupe for Sunday fundays.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

S~

Last edited by Scottymasi; 02-08-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LR Discovery Sport is not the same vehicle as an LR4. Discovery Sport is a replacement for the LR2.

My LR4 '11 has the V8 engine. I love it. The new LR4 has a supercharged V6 (10% less HP and torque). I am not sold on that. I would love the V8 supercharged to be offered in the LR4.

I would not touch a referb'd lemon law car.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Same here!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottymasi
Hello all,

I am considering buying a LR Sport, either a '12 or '13 so I get some warranty on my purchase. Really like the look and feel of this obviously 'cut above' type vehicle.

I have a couple of questions for you experienced guys out there please.

1) Are there major changes in features/body/motor from say the '11 to to the '12 and '13?

2) I see mixed reviews and checking car faxes see a lot of electrical issue with these cars. I'm even seeing some good deals, like a loaded '13 for (ask pirce) $49K with 11M miles out of a dealership in Fla BUT it's a buy back from the lemon law. The dealer tells you that upfront and says yes but it's completely reconditioned to new and warrantied as such.

What's your experience with these vehicles in general and your take on a vehicle like that?

3) For those of you in '12s and '13's what's your opinion of the car?

4) Outside of the normal channels like Autotrader, True Car, sccouring the net etc you have a reliable place for buying these cars?

For reference I currently have a Hummer pickup for my truck and I love it but looking for something a more luxurious and a older Maserati coupe for Sunday fundays.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

S~

I think you may mean a RR sport as in Range Rover Sport ?

Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct, thanks for clarifying.

RR Sport

Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can say the model years you are considering have a great V8 engine. My friends drive Mercedes, Lexus, BMW... etc - all of these highly computerized cars will have technical glitches. AVOIDE ANY LEMON redo... You may want to take this discussion to the Range Rover forum. My friend is an owner at a RR dealer in Cleveland, OH. I would be happy to pass you his information privately. He is a service oriented, no-BS kind of guy.