LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First car = LR4

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First car = LR4

just bought my first car and it is a used lr4 2013, one owner, no accidents and it had 106k miles wasn't to worried about the miles since it was well maintained. Land Rover deanship gave me 3 full synthetic oil changes for free apparently they last a whole year. However, I am looking into buying some all terrain or mud tires to go off roading this summer and do not want to add a lift kit to it but I cannot find any can anyone help? Back to the car, I got it two weeks ago and drove it from Houston-flagstaff-grand canyon-sedona-LA- and back to Houston where I live the first week. I cannot believe people say this car is unreliable it felt like a brand new car the whole road trip! Cheers

Old 03-31-2021, 06:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase. But do read up on things in this forum and the other land rover LR4 forums out there. It will give you a heads up of things to look out for. There are known issues with all these cars, and it’s best to stay in front of them with preventative maintenance rather than waiting for a problem to arise.

You asked about AT tires. I assume you have 19” wheels. Lots and lots of information out there in the forums, but you are correct that choices for the 19” wheels are a bit limited - you can find AT’s but probably not true mud tires. Still, google LR4 + 19” + AT tires, and read through the forums. You’ll learn more than you ever wanted to know. Obviously, there are size constraints to prevent rubbing, and lifting the suspension (which is just raising the air suspension on these cars) does not always help as it’s the frame horns that tend to rub first. You can shave down the frame horns if desired. I swapped my 20” wheels for 18” wheels to get more tire options and more sidewall, so I don’t have the size/rubbing info for the 19” or 20” wheels.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Check out the last couple of pages of this thread. Shows an LR4 with 19” atturo’s - looks pretty good. https://www.landroverworld.org/threa...e.42449/page-2