Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   LR4 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr4-38/)
-   -   Instrument Panel Menu Controls Not Functioning, 2015 LR4 HSE LUX (https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr4-38/instrument-panel-menu-controls-not-functioning-2015-lr4-hse-lux-115869/)

RustyLR4 02-07-2023 05:20 PM

Instrument Panel Menu Controls Not Functioning, 2015 LR4 HSE LUX

I have an issue with my instrument panel menu control which began to occur when I picked my 2015 LR4 HSE LUX up from a vinyl wrap shop. The exterior fenders, bumpers, trim, ect. was removed in order to install the wrap. I also had all the windows tinted. I know that they let the battery die several times when performing the work (yes sloppy I know). The battery was re-charged and working fine. I even had the BMS system reset. The steering wheel controls (OK & up/down/left/right arrows) no longer function to access the menu or toggle menu options (steering wheel audio controls do work). For instance, my vehicle is showing climate control in Celsius and I can't toggle the menu to change it. Additionally, when I put my vehicle into gear I get a message on the instrument panel: "Gearbox Paddles Disabled" and the amber triangle is illuminated. Of course I can't clear out any messages or interact in any way with the menu because the controls are not working.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any advice, comments, or questions would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

RustyLR4 02-07-2023 05:32 PM

Land Rover refers to this as the "steering wheel right control switch"

steevo67 02-07-2023 05:32 PM

Did they remove the airbag/steering wheel at any point? It sounds like a clockspring or steering wheel wire harness issue. Turn the wheel while presing the buttons, see if it works in some spots and not others. Next step would be to remove the airbag and inspect the wiring harness that plugs into the steering wheel buttons. If you have a good scantool or GAP tool, there will probably be a code set in the instrument module or BCM.

RustyLR4 02-07-2023 05:52 PM

Is there any correlation or connection between the instrument module and infotainment system?

RustyLR4 02-07-2023 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by steevo67 (Post 854845)
Did they remove the airbag/steering wheel at any point? It sounds like a clockspring or steering wheel wire harness issue. Turn the wheel while presing the buttons, see if it works in some spots and not others. Next step would be to remove the airbag and inspect the wiring harness that plugs into the steering wheel buttons. If you have a good scantool or GAP tool, there will probably be a code set in the instrument module or BCM.

Thank you for your reply. Everything else works in the steering wheel except the 4 button thumb switch on the right and the paddle shifters (not that I ever use them 😂)

guy 03-08-2023 07:51 AM

did you get this corrected. I too have a hunch that its a steering wheel issue.