LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod 6th gen. wont work on LR4

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:38 AM
jwn
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod 6th gen. wont work on LR4

iPod 6th Gen. wont work with the land rover OEM iPod cable.
The old model of iPod works and charge OK but when I got a new one, the 6th generation ipod it works until the battery goes out and it will stop working because it dose not charge with the land rover ipod cable, you have to charge it (some where) and plug it in again on the lr4 interface

it wont charge .... dealer confirm.

any solution ???

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Its the new generation, sorry but apple moves faster then the automotive companies.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM
jwn
8th Gear

thanks for your post

what I know, Apple did not change the interface for the new ipod because it works ok with old ipod charging cable ... so the interface is the same, it is the software.

Land rover must find a solution, otherwise the iPod interface in their cars will be useless

Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems to happen often when Apple does an upgrade. From experience with other cars, it is not the hardware at all, it is Apple's software that usually breaks something. I had an iPod touch, 4th generation I think, that worked great in our 911 - did an iOS update and now it won't pull a charge from the car's connector. It's hard to blame the care manufacturers when Apple changes things like changing underwear.

As whacky as it sounds - I have an old iPod 80 gig unit that Apple stopped upgrading that is rock solid in all cars. I just leave that one in our LR4 as a 'media server'. Sync it every once in a while and we're good to go. I'd recommend just picking up one of these older units on the cheap and rock on.

Last edited by LabRat; 09-08-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM
jwn
8th Gear

you are right, I have an old ipod and it works great, charge and play great on my LR4, the only problem with it start from beginning every time I start the car, It dose not continue from where you left it.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Drifting

Mine only does that after pulling it out and doing a sync - then it restarts at the very first song. Are you pulling it out and using it or is it staying plugged in and still resets? Mine has another random quirk that has to be pure LR - I'll set up a playlist and then use the "random playlist" function and every once in a while it will pull some random songs that aren't on the playlist. It used to happen more but we had a soft update to fix our camera problems.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:43 AM
jwn
8th Gear

No, I don't pull it out(it stay plugged in), it just reset it self and start all over again from beginning if I don't use it for couple of hours, some time sooner.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Drifting

That's strange - What year is your truck? I wonder if there is a software update that the dealer can do.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
jwn
8th Gear

Mine is 2010 LR4 Lux

Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Drifting

Same here - check with the dealer for a software update. Like I said before, our software was updated to solve our camera system problem, there might have been other updates that were part of it.

Quick Reply: iPod 6th gen. wont work on LR4