LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more REAL 3rd row

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 07:35 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more REAL 3rd row

With the discontinuance of the "boxy" style, which is an endearing quality for LR enthusiasts, I am afraid LR made a terrible mistake in producing the new, smaller Discovery Sport. The RR Sport and Disco have extremely tight 3rd row seating. Unless you want to pay six figures for a Range Rover, it seems that getting a REAL 3rd row that the LR4 offers, is now a thing of the past. It is bizarre that even paying $68K for a RR Sport HSE, the 3rd row is "not fit for man, child or beast" - Car and Driver. I guess I will drive my 11' LR4 until it doesn't move, and possibly swing to the Merc. GL.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:46 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LILandRoverGuy
Unless you want to pay six figures for a Range Rover, it seems that getting a REAL 3rd row that the LR4 offers, is now a thing of the past. .
What you are saying suggests you are confused. The Range Rover does not have a 3rd row at all so there is no "unless" option available here.

Secondly, the Discovery "Sport" is not the replacement or next generation of the Discovery 4 or LR4. It is an entirely new line, much like the Evoque or how the Range Rover Sport came in after there were just the Range Rover, Discovery and Freelander.

Just start doing a boxy LR5 dance now so that we might see the functional design continued...

Old 05-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts

My dreams of a LR4 have been dashed by the brutality of reality and practicality. We are now going to buy a Discovery Sport. Nice little rig and its more my wife's taste and a compromise for my tastes. Since its going to be hers, what can I do? At least I talked her out of an Evoque.
Now then, dont panic or stomp your feet and throw a tantrum, from what I understand after visiting in depth with my dealer and from reading online...Discovery will be the "other line". Youll have Range Rover and their offerings and youll have the Land Rover Discovery offerings. There will be a bigger Discovery. The Disco Sport was the first to come out because the compact SUV market is red hot. So it makes sense.
Ever see the Dicovery Vision concept? It, or something very close. will probably be the replacement for the LR4. Not so boxy...more modern and just as big or bigger with a very real 3rd row.
And they will have another model in the Discovery line as well. Defender is also coming to America...so if you still want to get your "boxy" fix, save your pennies, act like you got a pair and get in line for a Defender.

I believe there will be some very good days ahead for LR/RR.

Last edited by Daytoman; 05-25-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Defenders are moving to India for manufacturing as they will not meet the EU Emissions standards. So, technically the world with emissions will not be able to run a Defender only countries without emissions.