Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Switching Steering Wheel Land Rover Emblem

Old 07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching Steering Wheel Land Rover Emblem

i want to swap out the green emblem with a black supercharged one on my 06 rover sport. does anyone know how to do this? i have an extra door (inside) emblem because its the same size. not sure how to go about it. LR says i need a new airbag. I did read once that a guy did it...not sure how he did it though. suggestions?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badge

Originally Posted by BillysRoverSport
i want to swap out the green emblem with a black supercharged one on my 06 rover sport. does anyone know how to do this? i have an extra door (inside) emblem because its the same size. not sure how to go about it. LR says i need a new airbag. I did read once that a guy did it...not sure how he did it though. suggestions?

I know this thread is almost two years old but maybe this will help someone else trying to do this. I did this on my Disco and had no problems. You just have to pry the old green one off being careful not to rip the rubber. The old badge has a few tabs that hook it in. I'm pretty sure the door badges are not the same. The steering wheel is real thin tin and the door badge is a bit thicker plastic.