Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

LR3 SYA Bump Stops and IIDtool set up (oops)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 11:11 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 SYA Bump Stops and IIDtool set up (oops)

Hi all,

I was running johnson rods with proud Rhino SYA spacers and purchased and IIDtool. I connected the tool which the rods and SYA's in which set the default settings for the tool (oops, the manual said it can not be changed). Then I pulled the rods out and the car could not go to normal height (hit the stops and go in extended mode).. So then I set the setting in the height control at +19 in the front and +20 in the rear for all three settings. And then I went to calibrate each side (on level ground). Well if I took it to the calibrated settings in the IIDtool App, normal would hit the bump stops and it automatically changed my height settings to +3 in the front and +20 in the rear (DOH). It now drives bouncy and harsh in the front.

What I am trying to achieve by taking the rods out is a lower normal setting for highway and freeway. When I had the rods in, the handling was poor and I was getting rollover warnings on some turns along with some suspension faults. Now I am lost in a IIDtool quagmire and want to reset. Should I put the rods back in and just start with a lower new "normal" height using the tool?

If anyone is using the SYA stops and an IIDtool I would love to see how you calibrated and what height settings you chose?

Thanks in advance

CAChris

Last edited by CAChris; 07-24-2021 at 11:16 PM. Reason: delete posted in wrong spot