Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Modifications (https://landroverforums.com/forum/modifications-33/)
-   -   Roof Rack Lights (https://landroverforums.com/forum/modifications-33/roof-rack-lights-55043/)

wreckdiver1321 12-13-2012 06:44 PM

Roof Rack Lights

Hey I was just wondering what size/diameter lights people are running on their roof racks? I'm ordering a BajaRack soon and would like to know what people are running. Would love some pics too.

Let's see those lights!

Savannah Buzz 12-13-2012 06:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
800 million candle power and a bonus that it runs on diesel....:D

wreckdiver1321 12-13-2012 06:55 PM

Haha good one!

Fivespddisco 12-13-2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321 (Post 363107)
Hey I was just wondering what size/diameter lights people are running on their roof racks? I'm ordering a BajaRack soon and would like to know what people are running. Would love some pics too.

Let's see those lights!

This is a very tricky question. Most people just stick a big light up there and love the look. But if you want the light to be functional and not wash on the hood and reflect into your face you may want to look into some of the newer LED products from ridgid industries.

wreckdiver1321 12-13-2012 10:42 PM

I've been looking at tons of different lights. Just wondering what other people are running.

wreckdiver1321 12-16-2012 12:16 PM

Nobody?

Boultman 12-18-2012 08:20 AM

Not that it helps you any, but i am also interested. I plan on purchasing a Baja rack for my D1. I'm a fan of Hella's. They are inexpensive and never done me wrong on numerous vehicles. Already have a set on my ARB bumper.

hilltoppersx 12-18-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321 (Post 363176)
I've been looking at tons of different lights. Just wondering what other people are running.

I ran 6x 700ff Hellas with 100 watt bulbs. it was enough to light up the trails at night. i sold everything and probably wont put a roof rack on my next project but will most likely get some rigid led's for my bumper.

fishEH 12-18-2012 11:42 AM

What light you go with is really up to you, its personal preferance. I had a light bar for a while with four Hella 550's(rectangular). I can tell you beam pattern is critical. I had two driving and two fog beams. The fog beams were great. They cast a nice horizontal line of light and very little was cast on the hood. The driving beams were horrible. They threw a ton of light on the hood. Even with a blackout it was terrible.

I sold my light bar and all the lights. Unless you do a TON of night wheeling and have the correct beam pattern roof lights are pretty worthless. I replaced the four roof lights with two Hella 4000 Cornering beams on my front bumper. With my brights on and the 100W Hellas I have more than enough light.

The RIGID LED's are NICE. We have them on a lot of our plow trucks and they do a good job of lighting up the area. Again, you'll want to be selective in your beam pattern and decide exaclty what you want.

lr2001silver 12-18-2012 04:19 PM

I run 5 of these 4 on the front and 1 on the back of my SD rack i have not seen many set-ups that are brighter. And a 23 year warranty on them is crazy.

Lights « Daylighter « Dayligher 130 Watt Long Range Black « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, Off Road Lights, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, LED Light Bars, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories, Flashlights, Torches