Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Your Modded Land Rover here:

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

So im not the only one running on all of brians hand me downs huh??? Good to know, haha

Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
So im not the only one running on all of brians hand me downs huh??? Good to know, haha
Yea I have first dibs on half of his truck . I'm sure you probably have hand me downs from me also. Brian and I give, trade and sell each other something like every week. I think those Thornbirds you have came from his red D1 right? I found that truck, and bought it with Ed and split the ARB and winch.. Then Brian ended up with it. It's fully because if you trace any used LR part it probably has like 5 owners on it lol. I had the idea of getting an engraver and putting names and dates on hand me downs...

Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII

Dude! I LOVE those RRC wheels, and LOVE your Disco. Those wheels make your Disco look more British and more unique...how many DI's are rocking those RRC wheels? Not many. It's just my opinion, but I would keep them on there (if you haven't taken them off already).
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Unfortunately they're still on there I reckon they aren't too bad. The thing that frustrates me most is most definitely my non-matching spare. It's a pet peave of mine, I hate not having a matching spare. I want NATO wheels, on 235 tires so I can get decent articulation

Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by honda50r
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Unfortunately they're still on there I reckon they aren't too bad. The thing that frustrates me most is most definitely my non-matching spare. It's a pet peave of mine, I hate not having a matching spare. I want NATO wheels, on 235 tires so I can get decent articulation
Tires have nothing to do with articulation. Maybe you mean ground clearance?

Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by honda50r
...The thing that frustrates me most is most definitely my non-matching spare....
Problem solved!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jake1996D1
Yea I have first dibs on half of his truck . I'm sure you probably have hand me downs from me also. Brian and I give, trade and sell each other something like every week. I think those Thornbirds you have came from his red D1 right? I found that truck, and bought it with Ed and split the ARB and winch.. Then Brian ended up with it. It's fully because if you trace any used LR part it probably has like 5 owners on it lol. I had the idea of getting an engraver and putting names and dates on hand me downs...

Fight nice now guys lol. Jake he has your old TSL's now.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Long Haul
Fight nice now guys lol. Jake he has your old TSL's now.
Thats what I thought although I wasnt sure. 75% of the stuff on my truck is hand me downs. Saved me a small fortune

Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle

HAHA, too funny, well as long as you guys keep upgrading your crap, im happy to stay two steps behind. I have the TSL's on now and we'll be doing some trimming the day before rausch so that i can max my articulation without rubbing, i think a camel cut is in order and im gonna put d2 fender flares on it so brian's gonna help me torch my fenders open. Jake, you let me know when you start getting tired of your/brians stuff and we'll engrave it and slap it on my truck.. haha

Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I'll get a pic up soon with my new (your old) tires on it soon. This is also awesomely incenstuous

Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by turf63
HAHA, too funny, well as long as you guys keep upgrading your crap, im happy to stay two steps behind. I have the TSL's on now and we'll be doing some trimming the day before rausch so that i can max my articulation without rubbing, i think a camel cut is in order and im gonna put d2 fender flares on it so brian's gonna help me torch my fenders open. Jake, you let me know when you start getting tired of your/brians stuff and we'll engrave it and slap it on my truck.. haha

Awesome I loved those tires in the mud. I didnt have to trim much to fit them just in the rear.

I had to flex mine out to check for rubbing, check to see how the X-Ball a frame ball joint does and make sure my brake lines were long enough.. That wheel is still plenty on the ground and the front shock had like 3-4 inches before bottoming out.

Quick Reply: Your Modded Land Rover here: