Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   2017 Land Rover Discovery 5 Sport SE , HSE , LUXURY .. Which should I get? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/2017-land-rover-discovery-5-sport-se-hse-luxury-should-i-get-90590/)

vulturez 08-08-2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by gregj (Post 657267)
Was thinking SE but ended up with HSE Lux. Wanted a diesel for towing (AWESOME!) so had to step up to at least an HSE. Also wanted air suspension and 3rd row. You can now get the diesel on the SE. After 11,000 miles:
Options I love: Diesel, Drive Pro (for the Adaptive Cruise), Park Assist, Surround Camera System, Tow Package
Options I wish I had: 4-zone climate control
Options not worth it: Advanced Tow Assist

Hope this helps.

I wish I had Drive Pro for the adaptive cruise control, that was the one option I was torn on. Good to hear the Advanced Tow Assist wasn't worth it.

salespunk 09-02-2018 12:09 AM

One thing I don't understand. It lists a bunch of "options" as standard on the HSE/Lux. For example Active Cruise Control is listed as standard on the HSE/Lux while the the Drive Pro adds the Active Lane Keep Assist. Lots of other things like this in the packages where it lists and "option" but it is really just a small change Has anyone else noticed this?

vulturez 09-02-2018 09:26 PM

What year are you speaking of? They did move some options from being add-ons to being standard in 2019 editions which is different from 2017/2018.

PurpleRain 09-03-2018 12:05 PM

I am new to the land rover brand and grabbed a 2018 D5 SE on 3y lease. We didn't want all those driving packages because we don't do that much driving. The Lux we drove was nice with the cooling seats, but that took the payment over our budget. The SE doesn't have the LED lights or Xenon bulbs. The halogen lights on it are plenty for vision, and it has the orange corner lights on instead of LED signature. We purposefully chose the non-powered 2nd/3rd seats since we don't expect to use them much.

The first surprise to me came when I found out the SE doesn't have memory presets for the seats. It didn't even occur to me to check! Mine priced out around $65k i think, and who expects a $65k car or a Land Rover to NOT have seat memory?!

The other surprise was rear parking sensors only. I don't know if this is an add on package or SE vs HSE, but I embarrassingly took the D5 in to have the front sensors checked since they weren't working. lol.

Lessons learned. Sharing here so you don't face the same.

salespunk 09-03-2018 12:24 PM

Thanks guys, I think the confusion might be the changes from 2018 to 2019. There are very good lease deals and discounts in Socal right now so we are going to try and figure it out today.

CJ455 09-06-2018 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleRain (Post 660594)
I am new to the land rover brand and grabbed a 2018 D5 SE on 3y lease. We didn't want all those driving packages because we don't do that much driving. The Lux we drove was nice with the cooling seats, but that took the payment over our budget. The SE doesn't have the LED lights or Xenon bulbs. The halogen lights on it are plenty for vision, and it has the orange corner lights on instead of LED signature. We purposefully chose the non-powered 2nd/3rd seats since we don't expect to use them much.

The first surprise to me came when I found out the SE doesn't have memory presets for the seats. It didn't even occur to me to check! Mine priced out around $65k i think, and who expects a $65k car or a Land Rover to NOT have seat memory?!

The other surprise was rear parking sensors only. I don't know if this is an add on package or SE vs HSE, but I embarrassingly took the D5 in to have the front sensors checked since they weren't working. lol.

Lessons learned. Sharing here so you don't face the same.

Woah, thanks a lot for the heads up. That is a bummer.. and $65K is a lot for a car without seat memory for sure!

CJ455 09-11-2018 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by salespunk (Post 660600)
Thanks guys, I think the confusion might be the changes from 2018 to 2019. There are very good lease deals and discounts in Socal right now so we are going to try and figure it out today.

Update? :)