Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   2018 / 2019 New Purchase... (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/2018-2019-new-purchase-90719/)

iconoclast 08-04-2018 01:25 PM

2018 / 2019 New Purchase...

I have an opportunity to purchase a new 2018 which almost the way I would build one or order a new 2019. Before I decide I which is the better option could someone on here tell me what could be expected in terms of percentage off MSRP. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

BritCars 08-05-2018 03:38 PM

Hi - if you search around there are a couple of threads on discounted pricing. In general the view seemed to be very little if any discount - they typically sell at full msrp. If you find an already built one at a dealer then they have an incentive to sell as they are holding the cost so you can sometimes get a couple of percent off. May help to defray a couple of options you wouldn't have specced and paid for.
You might be able to do better in a few months when there are 2019s in stock but given there are v few changes I suspect you won't get much off

Have they offered any discount? I'd push for 2-3pc and see if they will deal

iconoclast 08-07-2018 09:51 AM

I have not pushed yet but 3% off was the opening number on a in-stock unit. They are reluctant to discount on a customer-order since they have in-stock units to move. They also have a leftover NEW 2017 that they're willing to take over $9k off but it is not even close to optioned the way I would like and is not a Lux.

SoCalWiley 08-09-2018 11:25 AM

I was in the same boat between in-stock vs. custom ordering to get exactly the options I wanted. The dealer wasn't going to budge from sticker price on a custom order, but would discount units that had been sitting on the lot and the diesels I was looking at had been sitting on the lot for quite a bit. Land Rover orders seem to be all over the place when it comes to what packages are ordered and everything on the lot had weird combinations of options, but I found a few that had most of the options I wanted and extra options I didn't care one way or the other on and then argued that I didn't want to pay a premium to get things I didn't really want to begin with. I definitely needed a tow hitch, but none of the diesels on the lot had a hitch and the cost of adding it after the fact is a lot more. Ultimately I got them to eat the cost of adding the tow hitch and I got a Disco more fully loaded then I would have ordered for less than it would have been if I ordered it.

I found it helpful to know what comparable units were available at other nearby dealerships by searching online inventory. I had a list of other VINs with similar options I wanted across 6 dealerships so I could say "I'll got over to XYZ Dealer and get a better deal on VIN XXX already on their lot with all the same options ...if you want my business then give me a deal they won't". Also pick something on one of the VINs at another dealer that has an option the one here doesn't have and claim that it's making the other guy's deal look better to you.

It all depends on how close the sitting inventory matches what you want and how much they're willing to work to get your business.

Brn2skifst 08-11-2018 08:26 PM

Disco pricing

My local dealer found one optioned the way I wanted at another dealer. Final price was MSRP x .947 - $2000 rebate. So 5.3% off MSRP and the 2k rebate on top of that

iconoclast 08-21-2018 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalWiley (Post 657372)
It all depends on how close the sitting inventory matches what you want and how much they're willing to work to get your business.

My build is basically every option... There isn't one built unit like that on any LR lot within three states and a 100 mile radius. I would have to settle for HSE/Lux and whatever oddball configuration is available because there doesn't seem to be a standard method of building in-stock units. Some have some options others do not. Other Marques tend to build the stock units basically the same across the board but of course LR/RR always do things a bit differently.

dgbos 08-31-2018 02:03 PM

I was in same boat. We were about to order but found the exact combo but more features on a lot. They took 10% off including the rebate.

salespunk 09-01-2018 11:04 PM

Socal has discounts of $6-8K off list or 9-12%. Just check out the Hornburg website and dealer specials. My dealer is willing to match no questions asked once I inquired.