Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The bad and the ugly...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

So, let's talk about the rear seat.

My Disco (MY '17) has been at the dealer for two months (as of last Friday). Two. Months. Non-stop.

This issue I took it in for was that the rear seat latch wan't working properly. The solve was to order a whole new seat frame. Which was back ordered. Which got delayed. Which got lost.

Which finally came in last Friday. But then they had to order the carpet for the back of the seat since it is epoxy-ed on.

That's the downside. The upside is that they gave me a nearly identical loaner which I have put over 3k miles on. Miles that I was able to avoid on MY vehicle.

Ah, well.

The following users liked this post:
Daytoman (12-20-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1979rover
So, let's talk about the rear seat.

My Disco (MY '17) has been at the dealer for two months (as of last Friday). Two. Months. Non-stop.

This issue I took it in for was that the rear seat latch wan't working properly. The solve was to order a whole new seat frame. Which was back ordered. Which got delayed. Which got lost.

Which finally came in last Friday. But then they had to order the carpet for the back of the seat since it is epoxy-ed on.

That's the downside. The upside is that they gave me a nearly identical loaner which I have put over 3k miles on. Miles that I was able to avoid on MY vehicle.

Ah, well.
I am also waiting for a seat... The 2nd row double seat.
Dealer spend 2 weeks to isolate rattling to the seat, and told me that the seat is in back order. After which, the car was put together for me to use in the mean time.
Got a F pace for the first week, then a discovery sport for the second week. Thought they only use these smaller vehicles for loaner, wish I could got a Disco.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Rock Crawling

They would have given it back to me to hold on to but due to the fact that it was a latch problem, it became a safety issue. Plus one side was down and the other was up. And both were locked in place.

In fairness, the dealer has been really good about communication and compensation. They petitioned JLR to refund me one months payment and they covered the service it was in for.

I can't really complain too much.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1979rover
They would have given it back to me to hold on to but due to the fact that it was a latch problem, it became a safety issue. Plus one side was down and the other was up. And both were locked in place.

In fairness, the dealer has been really good about communication and compensation. They petitioned JLR to refund me one months payment and they covered the service it was in for.

I can't really complain too much.
Glad to know it worked out for you. My experience is not so good though.
When I first setup the service, I showed a video clip with the noise recorded to the SA. And then send it to his email for reference.
Within the first week, got several calls telling me that the car is being inspected. End of Day 5 got a call indicating that the car is ready to do. Morning of Day 6, showed up in dealership, no one knows where the car is and no paperwork was completed, the receptionist started complaining about doing these "extra" works and tries to find out what was going on. After about 30min, received a paperwork indicating that dealer performed the windshield leak repair, and left a note on my noise issue with "unable to duplicate the issue during test drive". I then decided to talk to another SA (my SA wasn't in that day), I can't understand why they ignore the issue while I provided video clip and questioned how do they test drive the car. She started with a story saying that they test drove cars around dealership, and then when I check on my app, the car was only drove 3 miles and it was on Day 5. I then left with a different loaner.

One day after, got a call from SA confirming that the noise issue is identified. After another week, showed up for pick up and checked paperwork, the noise issue is not resolved but parts on back order. When I was ready to go, wife found that the driver side floor mat is missing (car is only 3000 miles and 2 month old). Then I got back inside trying to find someone would be able to help. The manager at the end promised to make it up for me, in the meantime, SA checked with technician but of course no one did anything.

Next day, received an automated message from dealer indicating that the floor mat is ready, asking if I want to connect to dealership. Then I got transferred to the main line, after being transferred twice and waited 15 mins, parts guy started questioning me what do I need... I then told him my story, and apparently no one knows why would I got a call and they don't have the parts for me either.

Sorry for the long story, I have to say that this level of service is not what I was expecting at all. If anyone cares, this is with a dealer in Long Island, NY.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the tray - ordering tonight!

Old 10-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Tray came in over the weekend - very slick and provides a built in look to further isolate the area underneath it for more secure items. Thanks again for the tip!

Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Rock Crawling

I got my tray as well. Unfortunately, it won't fit if you have the cooler option.

Which I do.

Oh well....anyone want a tray, lol

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (12-18-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BelGSX-R
Thanks - In ours, it works maybe 25% of the time and I attribute this to a software issue => I removed it from my original post.....

ABSOLUTELY: There's a loooooooot of GOOD , as I would expect from a car that cost over at least >$70K. The good would disserve a separate post. However, some issues of initial quality are just baffling me: we have been now 4 times to the dealership within the first 8 months of ownership to get issues fixed....

Here are another 3:
1) The hood was misaligned: gap between fender and hood was a good quarter inch wider on the left than on the right. No pictures, but report from repair:

2) The rear bumper fascia was popping out to the point that the unpainted inner rim became visible:

3) A week after receiving the car, we were unable to slide back and forth the passenger 2nd row seat:
did you do something to make your rear bumper so black and glossy? Mine is just the black plastic that doesn’t look like this photo.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:31 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

I think that is the dynamic package.

gloss bumper and trim, intake rakes on front bumper, different gloss black front grill, etc.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
did you do something to make your rear bumper so black and glossy? Mine is just the black plastic that doesn’t look like this photo.
As abran mentioned, we have the full dynamic package. (click me)

Quick Reply: The bad and the ugly...