Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   Center Console "Secret Compartment" (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/center-console-secret-compartment-95054/)

Hayseed_D5 06-01-2019 10:46 PM

Center Console "Secret Compartment"

On the center console compartment that opens (with the HVAC controls), when I open it the ambient lights turn-off - all of the including doors and footwells. Also the rear HVAC controls go black and can only be operated from the front console.

Anyone else experience that new glitch that came with 19a update?

Any known fix?

andries 06-02-2019 01:07 PM

I have not noticed the ambient lights turning off, but the controls on the panel turns of when you open it and a screen on the infotainment comes up to control the AC functions. I'm still on 18C though on a 2019.

From your description it started when you updated to 19A?

Groucho123 06-05-2019 08:54 PM

When I first read your post...I thought you were referring to the compartment under the cup holders....Since the one your speaking of is kinda marked. The one I think is top secret is under the cup holders....It is so secret I forget it is there!

Hayseed_D5 06-06-2019 02:05 PM

Yeah, I meant the less secret one behind the HVAC controls. It started with the 19A update.

andries 06-06-2019 03:55 PM

Ours is still on 18C, but I haven't checked the rear knobs and didn't notice the ambient lights turning off. Hopefully I remember to check ti over the weekend.

ToiletDuck 06-06-2019 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho123 (Post 692863)
When I first read your post...I thought you were referring to the compartment under the cup holders....Since the one your speaking of is kinda marked. The one I think is top secret is under the cup holders....It is so secret I forget it is there!

Not me it keeps sliding open any chance it gets.

andries 06-06-2019 10:21 PM

Just checked tonight and the ambient lights do stay on when that console gets opened. Didn't check the rear dials, but I think they will be fine as well.

Groucho123 06-07-2019 08:39 PM

Yep..

Originally Posted by andries (Post 692980)
Just checked tonight and the ambient lights do stay on when that console gets opened. Didn't check the rear dials, but I think they will be fine as well.

Same here...no issues.

Sauz 06-16-2019 07:02 PM

My secret compartment locks when I use the seat settings screen. I am completely unable to open it and any of its contents cannot be accessed - it eventually unlocks, but I cannot figure out why. Does anyone know how to unlock it on demand?

BritCars 06-17-2019 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sauz
My secret compartment locks when I use the seat settings screen. I am completely unable to open it and any of its contents cannot be accessed - it eventually unlocks, but I cannot figure out why. Does anyone know how to unlock it on demand?

If you mean the one behind the climate controls, that's a known fault that they jam intermittently. Easy dealer fix