Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   Cracked Windshield (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/cracked-windshield-91629/)

The DareDevil 10-10-2018 01:58 PM

Cracked Windshield

2500mls on the clock and just collected a nice rock on the windshield.

Has anyone replaced their windshield yet? I'm calling the dealer today.

Black 18 Disco 10-10-2018 05:39 PM

Call Safelite and see if it can be fixed - unless it developed a crack larger than what can be covered by a dollar bill - they can likely fix it and it is usually free - zero deductible - depending on coverage. I'm getting mine fixed tomorrow - smaller rock chip.

jim320100 10-10-2018 08:17 PM

Safelite was good

Originally Posted by The DareDevil (Post 665161)
2500mls on the clock and just collected a nice rock on the windshield.

Has anyone replaced their windshield yet? I'm calling the dealer today.

I replaced mine on 2017 Discovery. JLR would not work with insurance and wanted full payment in advance to order the windshield so I called Safelite. Option to have them drive to you and replace onsite but I was pressed for time so went to their shop. Make sure they know if it’s heated or not. Also when I got there they looked and thought it had aftermarket tint, since there is shading cutout in the center top section. But they looked at the new one and exactly the same. Did a great job. Dealership and Safelite warned that cameras had to be recalibrated after, but it didn’t need it since they were careful.

lltt 10-11-2018 07:24 AM

mine was replaced for the windshield lead campaign about two weeks ago.

The DareDevil 10-11-2018 08:02 AM

Thanks, all for the details.

Originally Posted by lltt (Post 665267)
mine was replaced for the windshield lead campaign about two weeks ago.

Can you provide more information about the campaign?

lltt 10-11-2018 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by The DareDevil (Post 665270)
Thanks, all for the details.

Can you provide more information about the campaign?

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...cle/lookupForm
I was able to find the campaign linked to my VIN, after the service, it went away.
I wasn't in service for the windshield campaign, dealer did it along other tasks.

The DareDevil 10-11-2018 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by lltt (Post 665273)
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...cle/lookupForm
I was able to find the campaign linked to my VIN, after the service, it went away.
I wasn't in service for the windshield campaign, dealer did it along other tasks.

I don't see the campaign linked to my VIN. What's your serial number? Mine is 064190.

Any chance there are more details on your invoice? I'll ask the dealer about it, since they will take the truck in for the Transmission leak and InControl update.

lltt 10-11-2018 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by The DareDevil (Post 665275)
I don't see the campaign linked to my VIN. What's your serial number? Mine is 064190.

Any chance there are more details on your invoice? I'll ask the dealer about it, since they will take the truck in for the Transmission leak and InControl update.

I wish I had the ticket... Long story...
One of the dealer leftover has this service compaign open. Vin is SALRRBBV7HA010640, campaign # is N221
It may only be for early 2017 since my VIN is 019316.

How do you get dealer to check for transmission leak?
I am sending mine in this weekend for ICTP fix, after updated to phase 4, lost voice guidance and voice control. Hoping to get phase 5 this time.

The DareDevil 10-11-2018 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by lltt (Post 665278)
I wish I had the ticket... Long story...
One of the dealer leftover has this service compaign open. Vin is SALRRBBV7HA010640, campaign # is N221
It may only be for early 2017 since my VIN is 019316.

How do you get dealer to check for transmission leak?
I am sending mine in this weekend for ICTP fix, after updated to phase 4, lost voice guidance and voice control. Hoping to get phase 5 this time.

Found it: N221NAS1 - Service Action: Windshield Water Leaks (Doesn't show up for my VIN, though. Must be for early models, like you said).

I just mentioned a strange odour and asked if it could be due to a transmission leak near the exhaust.

lltt 10-11-2018 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by The DareDevil (Post 665281)
Found it: N221NAS1 - Service Action: Windshield Water Leaks (Doesn't show up for my VIN, though. Must be for early models, like you said).

I just mentioned a strange odour and asked if it could be due to a transmission leak near the exhaust.

I wasn't expecting them to replace my windshield at all, and I wasn't happy about their work. Tech left a few dirty spots on the roof liner and A pillar around the windshield.
Had better experiences with Safelite.