Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   Full size spare question (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/full-size-spare-question-87724/)

Ned O'Neill 01-11-2018 09:23 PM

Full size spare question

Hi, I am about to order a 2018 HSE Luxury Diesel but deciding on a few options.
My dealer says the full size spare doesn’t change the inside space but the LR build and price web tool says “Loadspace floor will be raised by approximately 100 mm and maximum loadspace will be reduced”.
Anyone have one or do any comparisons when you bought yours?

I didn’t think to measure it when I was test driving.

Ned O'Neill 01-12-2018 02:53 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/landrov...aa27d71472.pngThis is what I am talking about with the full size spare.

edred 01-13-2018 11:03 AM

I have a new discovery V and ig is a diesel. The diesel is a very good engine and the only problem I have had in 7000 miles is a message saying the DEF was going to run out in 285 miles. It was a computer soft ware problem but they did refill the DEF. Had another problem with DEF that say dosing was not right, ended being another software error and also cold temps. My biggest problem are the incontrol app, the adaptive cruise control, and the tow assist.

ed redman

Ned O'Neill 01-13-2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by edred (Post 633064)
I have a new discovery V and ig is a diesel. The diesel is a very good engine and the only problem I have had in 7000 miles is a message saying the DEF was going to run out in 285 miles. It was a computer soft ware problem but they did refill the DEF. Had another problem with DEF that say dosing was not right, ended being another software error and also cold temps. My biggest problem are the incontrol app, the adaptive cruise control, and the tow assist.

ed redman

How often do you put DEF in?
I read some reviews that the touchscreen was very slow but also that firmware updates fixed that. It seemed pretty fast during my test drive. I did not try the phone app.
What are the issues with the tow assist? I don't use cruise control too much personally, although I probably should.

Bhaney59 01-19-2018 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ned O'Neill (Post 632832)
Hi, I am about to order a 2018 HSE Luxury Diesel but deciding on a few options.
My dealer says the full size spare doesn’t change the inside space but the LR build and price web tool says “Loadspace floor will be raised by approximately 100 mm and maximum loadspace will be reduced”.
Anyone have one or do any comparisons when you bought yours?

I didn’t think to measure it when I was test driving.

Did you find out the answer to this question? If so, could you share? I’m really curious.

gregj 01-20-2018 03:28 PM

I don't know about the full size spare but I love the adaptive cruise. I would scrap the Advanced Tow Assist and the required transfer case option, saving a couple thousand bucks.

I just got the DEF message "refill in 1500 miles" with 4500 miles on the car. I added a couple gallons and will talk to the dealer about it when I bring it in for service. Is the early DEF message just a software message glitch or is the software actually using more DEF than necessary?

Ned O'Neill 01-21-2018 07:47 PM

I can’t say for sure but I think the confusion is because of the 3rd row.
The 2017 I saw with one had a 3rd row and it looked just like other 3rd row ones.
I just used the build and price thing and the same message shows when you build one without a 3rd row. So my guess is with a 3rd row there is no room loss with a full size spare but if you don’t have 3rd row then you lose the 100 mm with a full size.
If I ever find out for sure I will post.

Ned O'Neill 01-30-2018 04:17 PM

Well I made a handshake deal to order a 2018 Diesel Discovery 2 weeks ago but can't actually get a build date yet. Will be excited to get an actual order placed.
Waiting on EPA emission certification for the 2018's. At first I was wondering if the dealer was blowing smoke and just didn't have a build slot but I found an article about it and also the EPA website and I can see that is it not certified yet.
So hopefully that gets done soon and I can officially place my order.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...s-who-has-most

The piece also lists four separate models from a somewhat unexpected maker: Jaguar Land Rover.

That company now has two passenger sedans, its compact XE and mid-size XF, and the Jaguar F-Pace and Range Rover Velar certified with its 2.0-liter turbodiesel-4 engine.

We'd add a fifth model to the JLR roster, matching GM's total, even though it hasn't yet appeared on the EPA website and doesn't appear in the booklet either.

That would be the 2018 Land Rover Discovery—equipped with the diesel engine option—because JLR's Nathan Hoyt tells us it's making its way through certification.
Here is the EPA List, the link stays the same but the document gets updated. Right now it is current through 1/24/18 and diesels are on page 34, some Jaguars but no Land Rovers yet. Page 31 show the Gas engine Land Rover Discovery is approved.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/guides/FEG2018.pdf

I prefer the diesel but if this lingers on too long maybe I will get the gas engine instead.

turnbaugh 02-01-2018 08:41 PM

What is different between a 2017 and a 2018?

Ned O'Neill 02-01-2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by turnbaugh (Post 635557)
What is different between a 2017 and a 2018?

No changes to the engine but each model year needs to be certified and since the VW thing it is more stringent.

There are some improvements in other areas, bigger HUD, the dash is all digital, new paint choices etc.

https://www.landroverusa.com/our-sto...discovery.html

2018 MODEL YEAR ENHANCEMENTS

All derivatives of the 2018 Land Rover Discovery now feature the Land Rover InControl®Touch Pro™ infotainment system with a 10-inch touchscreen interface on the center console as standard.3 Digital connectivity is also enhanced with the introduction of 4G Wi-Fi, providing superior connection speeds for up to eight mobile devices on the move.2

For the 2018 model year, the Land Rover Discovery also benefits from the addition of a 12.3-inch Interactive Driver Display TFT instrument cluster as standard fitment on HSE and HSE Luxury models. The high-resolution panel provides contemporary graphics that create the impression of 3D surfaces with exceptional clarity and allow the driver to personalize the visual display around the two main dials working in conjunction with the now standard 10-inch Touch Pro infotainment system.3

The 2018 Discovery adds a second-generation Head-Up Display (HUD) as an option on HSE and HSE Luxury models, featuring a wider level of functionality and new full-color display. Now with approximately 2.5 times more display space than its predecessor, the second-gen HUD allows for information such as speed, traffic sign recognition, Adaptive Cruise Control, gear selection and advanced driver assistance system warnings to be projected more clearly onto the windshield ahead of the driver. System functionality has also been expanded to show real time graphics, text, 4x4i and enhanced navigation cues.5

On the exterior, a new Bryon Blue colorway is added to the paint palette. Additionally, while vehicles with Dynamic and Black Packages were previously limited to feature Corris Grey or Narvik Black contrast roofs, 2018 owners can now spec a body-colored roof for either of these packages as a no cost option.

Previously exclusive to HSE and HSE Luxury models, the powerful and efficient Td6 diesel engine will now be offered on SE derivatives as well. Delivering 254 hp and 443 lb.-ft. of torque from its 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine and paired to a ZF® 8-speed automatic transmission, the Td6 offers strong performance and increased efficiency over gas models both during normal driving and while towing.4