Sponsored by:

Laggy Accelerator Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 02:41 PM
4wd High
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BchBum11511
They've got nothing on the D5
Except that they actually go when you hit the pedal!

Old 01-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mmmkam
Except that they actually go when you hit the pedal!

Maybe I can count myself lucky, but I didn't notice any difference between the loaners' acceleration and my disco. And, I'm not always easy on the accelerator.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:57 AM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new 2018 HSEi6 in December and it had the lag issue from the day I got it. It's in for service today to get the infotainment update and Apple Car Play installed. I told him about the lag issue and he wasn't aware of it, so I sent him this thread. I'll update here if I find anything out that's useful.

Greg

The following users liked this post:
mmmkam (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 12:15 PM
4wd High
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by x2turbo
I bought a new 2018 HSEi6 in December and it had the lag issue from the day I got it. It's in for service today to get the infotainment update and Apple Car Play installed. I told him about the lag issue and he wasn't aware of it, so I sent him this thread. I'll update here if I find anything out that's useful.

Greg
Thanks. I would encourage you to submit a report on the NHTSA site too. I had 2-3 close calls doing a U turn at a light and/or making left or right turns into traffic when the car hesitated and then jumped. Takes only a couple minutes to report the details. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

The following 2 users liked this post by mmmkam:
Groucho123 (01-30-2019), x2turbo (01-15-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 06:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mmmkam
Thanks. I would encourage you to submit a report on the NHTSA site too. I had 2-3 close calls doing a U turn at a light and/or making left or right turns into traffic when the car hesitated and then jumped. Takes only a couple minutes to report the details. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
Your Complaint Number: 11172964
I just filed. If everyone would we might be some action!
I just got mine back from the "Dealer" how can these people be so incompetent ?
Phone won't pair now after the updates...Car won't lock sometimes when you push the outside button..(They told me to try and use the rear button..Really?) Of course they couldn't duplicate it.
Love the way it drives but they need a software system that works!

Old 01-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My '19 HSE Luxury has this issue for sure.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:20 AM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho123
Your Complaint Number: 11172964
I just filed. If everyone would we might be some action!
I just got mine back from the "Dealer" how can these people be so incompetent ?
Phone won't pair now after the updates...Car won't lock sometimes when you push the outside button..(They told me to try and use the rear button..Really?) Of course they couldn't duplicate it.
Love the way it drives but they need a software system that works!
My infotainment worked great off the lot. I had an older system which didn't have Apple Carplay. If you don't have Carplay nor Android Auto, I suggest you get your software updated. It cost $350 to do it but you might be able to negotiate it for free since it might fix the issues you're experiencing. Good luck.

Just for the record, my laggy acceleration isn't fixed yet.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zags
My infotainment worked great off the lot. I had an older system which didn't have Apple Carplay. If you don't have Carplay nor Android Auto, I suggest you get your software updated. It cost $350 to do it but you might be able to negotiate it for free since it might fix the issues you're experiencing. Good luck.

Just for the record, my laggy acceleration isn't fixed yet.
If I had to do it all over again I would skip the Apple play. Ever since the install I have little gremlins lurking. Just got mine back today and now the phone won't pair, and the feature that lowers the car when you get in and out stopped working.
I'm now pissed...The dealer said bring it back in and I told them find a fix first....and I will.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an update. My SA told me yesterday the quite a few owners of the Disco V and new RRS Si6 have spoken about the accelerator problem. JLR is aware of it and working on a fix. My dealer has a list of people with the complaint and will notify us when they get the fix.

The following users liked this post:
andries (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Brn2skifst
Just an update. My SA told me yesterday the quite a few owners of the Disco V and new RRS Si6 have spoken about the accelerator problem. JLR is aware of it and working on a fix. My dealer has a list of people with the complaint and will notify us when they get the fix.
Sounds promising, hope they have an actual fix for it instead of just promising a fix.

Quick Reply: Laggy Accelerator Fix?