Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathertech floor and cargo mats

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Weathertech floor and cargo mats

Anybody tried or using the Weathertech floor and cargo mats, especially with 3rd row?

I had some good experiences with their All weather mats in the past on my 4Runner as it kept snow and mud nicely contained and relatively easy to clean them. They did protect and keep the carpets clean though.

LR seems to have no 3rd row floor mats, which is crazy give mostly kids will use it. Not sure if the Wethaertech fits and works well. May have to remove them if 3rd row is folded down.

I don't know if the LR cargo mat can be used with the 3rd row up, or at least is easy to put in the small cargo bin with 3rd row up. The Weathertech definitely will need to be removed.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

I haven't used weather tech in a D5 but I have used them in the past. Always been a top notch fit and excellent quality

Old 10-31-2018, 03:38 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andries
Anybody tried or using the Weathertech floor and cargo mats, especially with 3rd row?

I had some good experiences with their All weather mats in the past on my 4Runner as it kept snow and mud nicely contained and relatively easy to clean them. They did protect and keep the carpets clean though.

LR seems to have no 3rd row floor mats, which is crazy give mostly kids will use it. Not sure if the Wethaertech fits and works well. May have to remove them if 3rd row is folded down.

I don't know if the LR cargo mat can be used with the 3rd row up, or at least is easy to put in the small cargo bin with 3rd row up. The Weathertech definitely will need to be removed.
I have used Weathertech on some other vehicles and found them to be adequate. Yesterday I installed the TuxMat floor mats in my wife’s Disco and they have an enormous amount of coverage. It’s another option with good reviews, but no third row mats.

Last edited by natelw; 11-05-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

I have the weather tech in my D5. They are excellent. Terrific coverage in front and middle
There are none in 3rd row. Same as for the LR4. Not sure why... so you still have to clean that area out
I don't do the trunk one as you have to remove it every time you fold 3rd row seats and it's too big / bulky to store so it just gets in the way

The following users liked this post:
andries (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for the input, I need to relook their website as they seem to have listed 3rd row floor mats.

Does the Land Rover cargo mat actually fold in the vehicle with the 3rd row up?
In the pictures it seems to have a crease at that point. Then agin it may just be wishful thinking.
I prefer having a cargo mat in the back to protect the area with pets, etc. Even if it can be pain sometimes.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by andries
Thanks for the input, I need to relook their website as they seem to have listed 3rd row floor mats.

Does the Land Rover cargo mat actually fold in the vehicle with the 3rd row up?
In the pictures it seems to have a crease at that point. Then agin it may just be wishful thinking.
I prefer having a cargo mat in the back to protect the area with pets, etc. Even if it can be pain sometimes.
I have the LR mats. It does have a “divide” where the seat would fold up. But, you have to move the mat to get to the seat to pull them up.

I just tried to keep the mat there with the seats up. It looks silly to me and just flops around. It also rises higher than the seat back and wants to fall out of the back.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have WeatherTech for first and second rows. They’re great. We’ve already had our first big snow and they do great to keep junk from getting on/under the mats. I had the LR rubber mats in the LR4 and they did ok, but with the channels and height of the weathertech mats, it’s night and day different.

I keep the rubber mat down on the cargo area- and it’s actually flexible enough that I just roll it up (or to the side if I only have 1 seat up) behind the third row and it fits ok.

I will probably eventually get a weathertech May for the third row too.

The following users liked this post:
andries (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by bvdave
I also have WeatherTech for first and second rows. They’re great. We’ve already had our first big snow and they do great to keep junk from getting on/under the mats. I had the LR rubber mats in the LR4 and they did ok, but with the channels and height of the weathertech mats, it’s night and day different.

I keep the rubber mat down on the cargo area- and it’s actually flexible enough that I just roll it up (or to the side if I only have 1 seat up) behind the third row and it fits ok.

I will probably eventually get a weathertech May for the third row too.
Thanks, good to know about the cargo rubber mat from LR. Normally when using a 3rd row it is planned in advance so no issues, but sometimes there is the impromptu 3rd row requirement and rolling it up in the small cargo behind the last rows is good to have.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the OEM Land Rover mats in my D5 but just hated that they didn't cover well so I switched over to Weathertech and love them. I had them before in my LR4 and glad I installed them in my D5.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I had the Weather tech in my Yukon, yes the do cover well...But they to me...seem like overkill. They do fit right but are also clunky and unsightly....Not sure if I'm going to use them or just be careful and knock my boots before I get in....

Quick Reply: Weathertech floor and cargo mats