New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathertech floor and cargo mats

Old 11-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho123
I had the Weather tech in my Yukon, yes the do cover well...But they to me...seem like overkill. They do fit right but are also clunky and unsightly....Not sure if I'm going to use them or just be careful and knock my boots before I get in....
I would keep the LR mats and use them most of the time. Just put in the Weathertech when we go up to the snow, or camping/offroading. A bit of a pain, but the LR mats won't handle melting snow or some mud.

Agreed the Weathertech ones are bulky and not the nicest, not the one I will use when we go out to dinner, etc.

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

3rd row must be new. It wasn't there when I ordered mine in the summer. Just went online and ordered it

On my LR4 I got a cheap aftermarket rear mat and cut it in half. I left half in the back so I could have one seat up and cover the other half, and if both were down I just put dirty stuff on one side

Old 11-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

There is definitely room to leave a 3rd row floor mat in the footwell while 3rd row is folded flat. I use that space to store off road gear. But there's not a lot of room there - and the 3rd row headrests can't be removed on the electrically folding seats.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Third row

I have the third row and ordered them when they became available. I had reached out to them and they sent me an update. They fit well and I like them. I also bought the first and second row last spring. Much better than the sets, carpet and rubber that came with my D5.

For the cargo area, I have Canvasback and the Land Rover cargo mat.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
There is definitely room to leave a 3rd row floor mat in the footwell while 3rd row is folded flat. I use that space to store off road gear. But there's not a lot of room there - and the 3rd row headrests can't be removed on the electrically folding seats.
The question the OP was asking is if you have the big trunk mat can you leave it in place when the seats are folded up / roll it behind them. In my experience it's too bulky and just ends up getting in the way. So not a good solution for a trunk mat if you regularly use the 3rd row seats

Old 11-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Rock Crawling

Got the cargo mat from LR. There are 2 part #s, one for 4 zone and another for non 4 zone AC. The mat is OK, and you still have to do your own cutouts (they provide online instructions) pending the cargo loops and 3rd row seatbelts.

It looks like the mat can fold into the space behind the 3rd row in a pinch, but not really designed for it (as mentioned above). It's OK as we will typically be able to remove it for 3rd row use (and push it in the small back space in a pinch). I also got the cargo cover when we ordered the D5, as my wife sometimes need to cover contents in places where she parks. It will be pretty tight putting the cover and the mat behind the 3rd row in a pinch (there are indents in the side cover for the cargo cover to fit).

Old 11-14-2018, 06:49 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question -- I am a new owner of a 1997 Defender 90, and it needs work on the inside. Do you recommend like Exmoor Moulded Mat system to cover everything, or should I go with a carpeting option? Or both, not sure what the best setup is for quiet and comfort, and best look.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by benzaken
I have a question -- I am a new owner of a 1997 Defender 90, and it needs work on the inside. Do you recommend like Exmoor Moulded Mat system to cover everything, or should I go with a carpeting option? Or both, not sure what the best setup is for quiet and comfort, and best look.
I have the Exmoor mat system in my Series 3. It's looks great and probably makes things quieter (who knows in these things?).

One thing to note is that the mat system is a total pain to install. It is very fitted and unwieldy. But once in, all good. Also, the Exmoor mat is very thick. Something to note where it fits under the gas pedal. In the Series 3, I found I had to trim a bit of it to allow the accelerator (ha!) to go all the way down.

Carpet would be fine, but would wear more and is more likely to get really dirty.

Last edited by 1979rover; 11-14-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Update: Finally got the WeatherTech floormats for all 3 rows.
They fit like a glove on all 3 rows, and the fit is even better than the ones WeaherTech had for my 2003 4Runner.
I'm able to leave the 3rd row mats in place with the 3rd row folded down, it is good as there are no factory mats in the 3rd row.
We will be using the factory carpet mats for daily use and just use the WeatherTech mats for the front 2 rods when we go skiing/snow and offroad. The driver mat does provide a lot more coverage than the factory mat. Overall they will provide much better floor coverage and also be able to capture snow/water and mud, where the factory "luxury floor mats fall way short. Though they are a firm plastic and not as luxurious, thus keeping the factory units for daily use.

Also the black WeatherTech mats seem to match really well with the Ebony floor/trim.

The following users liked this post:
canon_mutant (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Now that mine is finally being built, it will be a struggle for me to not have the mats and tires already ordered and here when it arrives. I need to fight that temptation though as I've almost had one bought 3 times already that all fell through. Since this is an actual order, I would like to like my chances here but better safe than sorry to have mats and XL AT tires for a Disco that mysteriously never arrives?