Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Discovery V (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/)
-   -   Winter shoes... (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-discovery-v-51/winter-shoes-92767/)

Groucho123 12-27-2018 04:46 PM

Winter shoes...

As good as any 4 wheel drive vehicle might be, unless the tires are up to the task it might not be giving enough traction. We haven't had much snow here but enough to let me know the stock tires might not give me the traction I want.
So...for those who might be thinking about it, I got a set of Blizzaks mounted and put on for about $1,000. They ride as good as the stock tires and are not any louder on the highway. As soon as we get some snow I"ll know more.

ArmyRover 12-27-2018 06:07 PM

Blizzaks are a good tire choice, I believe you will be happy

Hayseed_D5 12-27-2018 09:00 PM

Went Nokian Hakka R3 SUV on mine. Very happy.

Brn2skifst 01-05-2019 09:54 AM

Went with the Nokian R3 SUV also. Very happy so far. Long-time blizzak user and was happy with them but wanted the upgrade.

BritCars 02-01-2019 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho123
As good as any 4 wheel drive vehicle might be, unless the tires are up to the task it might not be giving enough traction. We haven't had much snow here but enough to let me know the stock tires might not give me the traction I want.
So...for those who might be thinking about it, I got a set of Blizzaks mounted and put on for about $1,000. They ride as good as the stock tires and are not any louder on the highway. As soon as we get some snow I"ll know more.

Which Blizzaks did you get? Which specific tire spec, and are these the 20inch?

How are they performing?

Groucho123 02-02-2019 11:36 AM

Perfect...

Originally Posted by BritCars (Post 678821)
Which Blizzaks did you get? Which specific tire spec, and are these the 20inch?

How are they performing?

Yes, 20" exact size as stock. I actually like them as well as the factory tires, They might possibly not be as good in a fast dry corner, but overall I wouldn't rule out using them all year if I was going off road often. They also look as good as stock if not better.
I didn't buy extra rims this time, It makes them a bit easier to store and a lot lighter to move around. I figured unless I keep them about 10 years..(80 mounting and bal yr.) it wouldn't pay to buy rims.

Groucho123 02-02-2019 11:37 AM

Not sure how to post a pic on here, but send me your email and I can snap a pic or two if you like.

DeckB 02-04-2019 12:06 PM

I've had the Pirelli Scorpion Winters on for a couple months and am very happy with them - from the multiple ski trips to a 2500k road trip.

I've had 5 sets of Blizzaks and have always loved them too.

BritCars 02-06-2019 07:27 PM

Terrific. Thank you both. Groucho / no pic needed but could you post the specific Blizzaks winter tire model you got as they have many different types. Thanks!

Groucho123 02-11-2019 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BritCars (Post 679538)
Terrific. Thank you both. Groucho / no pic needed but could you post the specific Blizzaks winter tire model you got as they have many different types. Thanks!

Not sure if my other message sent.
255/55/20 is what is on the side of tire.