New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

24 Defender 110 X Dynamic Intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 Defender 110 X Dynamic Intro

Hi! My name is Ali. I’m new to the Forum but new to LR! We are a BMW family and my most recent car was a 2020 X7 I sadly lost due to an accident. And I absolutely loved that car! Trying something new, many friends love the Defender and we wanted a different experience. It’s certainly more rugged and higher (love the visibility), not as luxurious or good of a sound system and I lost my 3rd row as I didn’t love the extended 130, but all good! All that aside, I am happy to know a forum exists as the dealers don’t always give you the answers you need. So I’ve had the car 5 days now.. one issue I’m having is a constant ding/hum noise… almost like a seatbelt but not as loud and frequent. While driving I’ll hear it coming from left of steering wheel (i think🤷‍♀️). Anyone else hear this? Also, more concerning is the morning after we brought car home, we noticed these blotchy marks in the paint on

Black Santorini, black interior and we had the side steps metal coated black. Looks sharp!

Blotchy marks in paint… hard to see unless in certain lighting.

front right hood and side. Won’t wipe off with water or wax… it’s definitely in the paint. Could this be some type of defect in the paint/ clear coat? It’s santorini black. I’ve sent the pics to salesman but not a word back yet. Curious if anyone has seen this before. TIA!!! And any tips, features, etc I’d love to know!