Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introduction (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-4/)
-   -   Hi from Eastern WA (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-4/hi-eastern-wa-93801/)

nickguy 03-07-2019 09:22 PM

Hi from Eastern WA

2006 RRS First Rover. Always loved them. Grew up in UK always loved old Land Rovers. My uncle drove one overland to India. Had a job in college where we used old safari rovers to tow mobile audio studios for horse races and the like.

KayakID34 03-14-2019 03:09 PM

Hi Nick,

Welcome and congrats on your first Rover; I'm in the same boat up in Cle Elum with my first, an 05 LR3 in the same grey. My wife doesn't get how significant it is for me to own a Land Rover (I grew up in Westford, VT, home to the famed Rovers North shop) and my 4 year old daughter keeps calling it a Jeep! (damn kids).

Best of luck and let me know if you come across a good repair shop in the area.

Cheers,
Neal

nickguy 03-14-2019 03:32 PM

I too am educating my wife in the importance of owning a Land Rover. No notions on repair shops but I do hope to do most of my own maintenance. Good to know someone local has the same bug.

206dawgfan 03-17-2019 07:29 PM

I live in Seattle but make it over east a few time a year. If you are looking for an area to explore head West on 410 until you get to Gold Creek Saloon all the 1400 roads go up hill into National Forest Land. No pass needed just hundreds of miles of dirt roads to explore. PM me if you want more info.

nickguy 03-18-2019 08:10 AM

Hey thanks. In some ways this area should beat out Moab for offroad activity. Apart from the areas between I90 and 410 there is the whole Rimrock area which is stunning. At the risk of being shunned I have a pretty extensively modified 1990 XJ that is the hard core off road machine. The Range Rover will be my mountain, snow, tow, and usually daily driver at least to start.

Friday Night Disco 03-18-2019 09:30 AM

Nick - How is the Manastach Ridge area, or rather how close are you to that area? Would like someone to do a little recon on snow levels in the next couple of weeks.

nickguy 03-18-2019 04:20 PM

Manastash

So still a bit of snow at anything over about 1500' I imagine that will drastically change over the next few days.

206dawgfan 03-18-2019 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by nickguy (Post 683988)
Hey thanks. In some ways this area should beat out Moab for offroad activity. Apart from the areas between I90 and 410 there is the whole Rimrock area which is stunning. At the risk of being shunned I have a pretty extensively modified 1990 XJ that is the hard core off road machine. The Range Rover will be my mountain, snow, tow, and usually daily driver at least to start.

shhhhhhhhh, keep that information between us about the 410 area. It is amazing the amount of trails and ridge lines to explore. I just bought a Polaris Sportsman 570 (ATV) so I could get back into all the nooks and crannies. I went out there for the first time about 7 years ago and I miss it every time I leave. Next trip is hopefully in May

206dawgfan 05-13-2019 09:06 PM

I have been over in the 410 area for last few weekends. I will be over there agin for the next 3 weekends in a row, I will be on my quad mostly, but let me know if you want to meet up. My camping trailer is parked at the Squaw Rock Campground off of 410.

nickguy 05-15-2019 11:32 AM

Hey Thanks... I have family stuff going on this weekend but may run up there next. You at the campground then?