New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

hi everybody!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile hi everybody!!!!

Hi!! I am the very proud new owner of a 2000 Discovery II, or as I'm learning, a Disco My husband and I bought it at a car auction for $1900, and as delighted as I am to have it (I've always loved Land Rovers), it has a few problems. I have a feeling I'll be getting to know everyone on the Discovery II forum really really well. hehe!

My husband and I are very outdoorsy, we love camping, hiking, fishing, you name it. But especially off-roading and 4-wheeling. He is in the army, stationed at Ft. Stewart here in Georgia. I'm a bar manager for Ruby Tuesday, so we're a pretty busy couple.

I have high hopes for my Disco, but its going to be a long road to get it there. Thankfully my husband loves to tinker and learn about new vehicles and systems and he is always willing to teach me. I hope to get to know you all and hopefully get this Disco looking great!!

Thanks! Tamara

Last edited by 88Mwife; 07-04-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: forgot to add my name!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Hey -

Welcome Welcome - I am fairly new here, and a new owner of a 95 Disco I - I can tell you that I've found this site and members to be very accepting of all questions and comments. There are some great people here that are genuinely interested in helping... I spend most of my time in the Disco I section - but fear not, ask and you will be directed to the right answer -

I definitely encourage you to use the "Search" function first as you may not be the first to ask. If you don't find the answer, don't be afraid to ask - if the answer is available you'll be directly to it.

Welcome !!!

In Peace and Agape,
Trav...