New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

10k service maintenance on Discovery Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:53 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10k service maintenance on Discovery Sport

Hi all- new to Land Rover and had a basic question on my 10k maintenance. Just dropped off for the basic 1st time maintenance oil change, fluids, etc and it’s $700! Wowza! For the basic maintenance package!! Must I always bring my car to the dealership for this type of maintenance or could I have gone to a Mom and pop shop to get my discovery serviced for less than half? I’m blown away by this pricing! Thanks!!

Old 09-20-2018, 01:21 PM
3rd Gear

Just picked up my Disco today after the basic maintenance and sent the bill to my Dad to check out (Dad knows cars, I however do not). He said i was completely ripped off. I purchased the Disco as a certified pre-owned with the 100k warranty (I was told it was a dealer car), and it had around 9200 miles on it. I've put 10k miles on it so far. My pop was telling me that I should not have had to get the Air and pollen filter replaced after only 10k miles. He also said I should not have had to get the AC evaporator cleaned out. If so, it should be under the warranty because it's something faulty with the Disco. He said it seems as if they didn't change ANYTHING to make this a certified car when I bought it and that I'm paying to replace everything as if I've put 20k miles on my car. I'm not sure if anything is different with a Discovery Sport vehicle than any other car, but did I get completely hosed on this???

Old 09-20-2018, 02:51 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

$700 for the 10K is total B$!!!!

Re: R&R Cabin Air Filter, yes. Engine Air Filter, maybe depending on condition. As a CPO that filter should have been change before you bought the truck.
Cleaning the AC Evap , did the truck smell like mold/mildew, wet dog, whatever with the AC on...doubt it!
Sounds like The Stealer sprayed some "ozone" air freshener in the vents and overcharged for the service.

Here is an idea of what should have been done ( from > https://www.landroverofnaperville.co...e-schedule.htm )
If you go to the site you can see the rest of The Maintenance Schedule.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default Ugh!

Originally Posted by OverRover
$700 for the 10K is total B$!!!!

Re: R&R Cabin Air Filter, yes. Engine Air Filter, maybe depending on condition. As a CPO that filter should have been change before you bought the truck.
Cleaning the AC Evap , did the truck smell like mold/mildew, wet dog, whatever with the AC on...doubt it!
Sounds like The Stealer sprayed some "ozone" air freshener in the vents and overcharged for the service.

Here is an idea of what should have been done ( from > https://www.landroverofnaperville.co...e-schedule.htm )
If you go to the site you can see the rest of The Maintenance Schedule.

unreal! First, thank you for responding, I really appreciate it! The Disco smelled like cat pee every time it rained and I turned the AC on. On normal days, it just smelled like stale, old air. Assuming this is not something that should be happening At this point. Now what really gets me, the service schedule you posted, they totally did everything required for 40,000 Miles!!! My car only has 20,000 miles!!!