New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Need Help Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 09:40 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Pricing

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Discovery II that I need help pricing. I've had it a couple of years now and it's been a good 2nd vehicle. A friend of mine bought it at auction after the original owner had a minor crash on the driver's side. My friend had the front fender replaced and it looks good. The vehicle was totaled by the insurance company at that time due to the cost to fix vs. book value. The LR title is classified as a Rebuilt Vehicle. There is no frame or suspension damage, it was all cosmetic. The original owner left his service records in it and you can see he had about $5k worth of maintenance done just before he had a crash.

I put new tires on it about a year ago and it runs smoothly on the highway. Offroad it is awesome. The light off roading I do I don't have to switch out of high so you just drive like normal. Everything works except the drivers side power window and the 2nd sunroof. The front sunroof works fine. I have the 2nd horn button for the steering wheel in the console. It fell out when a spring broke. The interior is in great shape for its age. I've had other LR enthusiasts stop me on the road and this one is very clean compared to others I've seen. The interior looks like the original owner normally traveled by himself and the other seats were rarely used.

It currently runs rough at idle and low speed but fine once you get up to speed. I tried replacing the spark plugs and the wires, but I couldn't reach all of the wires where they connect to the distributor by the firewall. I recently read that you have to use the correct spark plugs and OEM wires or you are likely to experience these problems. I picked up whatever Auto Zone had at the time so not OEM. I'm sure it's not optimal to run old wires and new wires at the same time. So the rough idle may be an easy fix. There is currently only the SES light flashing on the dash. See the photo below. This was taken with the LR running. I've not had an opportunity to take it to a repair shop due to work schedule and chaos on the home front.

I would keep it but my wife and I are separating and I travel for work. She is keeping the highway car so I need to get something that will run 80 plus on the interstates. Life has me short on time and in need of a different type of vehicle. If I could have two vehicles right now I would keep it. It is 100% stock.

Anway what is your opinion for a good asking price? I need to price it to sell vs. sit on it for a month. Below are some photos of when we took it to a Jimmy Buffett concert. The floaties and window chalk have been removed of course. I can draw them back for your for a low price. ;-) The vehicle is in St Augustine, Florida. 166k miles.

Thank you,
Mike