New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New 05 freelander owner in GA

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 03:27 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 05 freelander owner in GA

Heya, Never owned a SUV before always wanted to get into offroading. Not much else to say so far I love it.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

The RAVE download you see mentioned on this forum has Freelander as well, not sure if it includes your year. All the factory shop manuals, electrical plans, etc. While enjoying your off road experience, please be aware DNR (game warden) takes a dim view of after dark use of portable spot lights on game, especially if you have a fire arm in the vehicle. They can sieze the vehicle. The salty sand and marsh mud can pack up under any vehicle off road around the here, good idea to wash it out thoroughly (wheel wells, under fenders, etc.). Our rivers and creeks are "tidal" way back inland, like 15 miles west of I-95, so the water is brackish. I have not been brave enough to take the Disco "wading" yet (that's Britspeak). Plenty of dirt roads out in Effingham County - may not show up on the map or GPS, but you can use Google Maps and satellite view to scout out trips. Within 50 miles of Savannah in most directions are tree farms from the paper companies, those trees are not planted in straight lines by little squirrels. Don't think I have seen any Freelanders in LKQ or Cash & Carry, the two local u-pull salvage yards. If you live around here, you know that if you see one deer, several more are about to run out in front of you.