New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New-b

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New-b

I just bought my first Disco after years of admiring them. Just never had the right opportunity before. Unfortunately I have to wait until I get my registration transferred from the Titan I sold to buy the Disco. Anyway, I just found out I need to make some posts and remain a member for a few days so they don't think I am a spammer. Good policy really, I will appreciate it once I have been a member for awhile.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome, please avail yourself of the free download of the RAVE manual which has most of the tech manuals and electrical plans. In the tech section of the forum for your particular Disco will be lists of high miles things to do, these vehicles require more maintenance items that lesser trucks. Many previous owners simply could not keep up with all of them, or had them done by underskilled techs.. I and many others run Rotella 15 W 40, it is a good "cleaning" oil, gets rid of a lot of gunk. If you have a Disco 1, don't let temp guage rise above 50%, these guages are not calibrated like many other vehicles.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info SB, i bought an 04 Disco II with 81K miles. Any other tips off-hand? I greatly appreciate the download link. I think I will be on this forum quite often due to my knowledge level, thanks again.