New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Defender 100 2023

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 09:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New Defender 100 2023

Recently took delivery on a Defender 110 S (my first LR) (300 PS) Pangea Green from West Chester Land Rover, PA. Ordered abut August 10, pretty simple build to keep the cost down, went with the 4 cylinder engine, honestly it comes pretty well equipped, my only extravagances adding the rear seat heating (which did show up!) and a dealer installed OEM roof rack . I have had the sound problem (tinny, thin sound, not all speakers, etc. , happens about 1/3rd of the time, fixes itself only by turning car off and starting again after an interval - right away doesn't fix it) which drove me to the various sites (like here!) to figure out what is going on, seems some future software update might fix it. A couple of rattles here and there. Now, overall, I really like it, great feel and driving experience. I also looked into a Bronco, but they seem to be built of unobtainium, dealers not even interested in talking to you, and Broncos seem really quirky too, perhaps more so since the issues affect driveability. So ended up with the Defender which I have been admiring since its inaugural year of 2020. And it seems like Land Rovers have the their quirks and issues, but so does everything else as near as i can tell. So far, enjoying my new ride. Replacing a 185,000 mile X 3 which is not long for this world, going in for the "overheats in traffic" problem next week and we'll see what the dr. says. Otherwise the X3 has been a good vehicle with very few issues. Picked up that sound issue may be solved by holding down the volume button until it restarts, will give that a try.

Last edited by NedZeppelin; 12-28-2022 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Corrected model no., added info on build