New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Disco 2002 owner in Savannah GA!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Disco 2002 owner in Savannah GA!

Hello,
Been reading the forums for a few weeks as we just bought our first LR! We have already had it to Dave Haberman at Two Nuts and Bolt garage in Savannah to do plugs and wires. We are well acquainted with the three amigos lights and I am in the process of replacing the driver's side window regulator with the help of the forum's help and pictures! We love the truck and are happy to have it. My wife and I have always been VW people but the Disco just seemed to click for us as a second vehicle. I have wrenched on my Karmann Ghia quite a bit but the LR seems to be a little more finicky. We are willing to maintain it and baby it, hopefully if we do we will be able to drive and enjoy it for many years. Any tips or things to watch out for on this year of Disco would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Gabe

Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Download the RAVE tech manual set below, has owners, shop, electrical manuals, etc.

Look at rebuild of the front drive shaft, if does not have grease fittings. They "chrip", split, and spear a big hole in the transmission when they fail. Write up with pix in our tech section.

While at the shop have them do a manual oil PSI test. Oil pump can crack, pump at low PSI, just enough to keep the light off....

There is a D2 at LKQ on hwy 80 if you need any minor trim parts, regulators, etc.

Attached Thumbnails New Disco 2002 owner in Savannah GA!-oil-pump.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice! I will ask about the PSI test. I already got the Rave manual as it seems indispensable. It's nice to talk to another Savannah Rover guy. Do you have any experience with Dave Haberman? It appears as though he has the only shop in town with any experience or aptitude with Rovers.