New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 11:44 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default discovery 2

Hi and good morning got a quick question if i buy a discovery 2 and it has had a snorkel fitted extra lights plus chunky tyres do i inform insurance company when i insure it,

Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 AM
TReK
Received 480 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Byron Kinsey
Hi and good morning got a quick question if i buy a discovery 2 and it has had a snorkel fitted extra lights plus chunky tyres do i inform insurance company when i insure it,
Only if you want those parts insured as well.
Depending on insurance companies, some will not cover aftermarket parts in a crash unless you tell them that they are on your vehicle, and added into your coverage.
Some companies will charge you more for that too, depending on the parts.
Shop around, ask lots of questions.
Most insurance companies aren't going to pay much for a totaled D2 at this point either, whatever book value is.
But, if you have lots of money/reciepts for parts, and they have that listed on your policy, it can help you get more money for damage or total loss.
Insurance companies are crooks anyway, good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Byron Kinsey (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 08:58 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Sixpack577
Only if you want those parts insured as well.
Depending on insurance companies, some will not cover aftermarket parts in a crash unless you tell them that they are on your vehicle, and added into your coverage.
Some companies will charge you more for that too, depending on the parts.
Shop around, ask lots of questions.
Most insurance companies aren't going to pay much for a totaled D2 at this point either, whatever book value is.
But, if you have lots of money/reciepts for parts, and they have that listed on your policy, it can help you get more money for damage or total loss.
Insurance companies are crooks anyway, good luck.
Am new to 4x4ing i had my dads disco 2 for about 4 months he gave me it after he died in september untill some **** by me drove into it so i am looking around first for ideas when i buy another one.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 AM
TReK

Aw man, that sucks.
Anything from your Dad's Disco that you could salvage/transfer to another one?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:39 PM
4th Gear
Default discovery 2

yeah it did suck tesco arranged for it to be picked up got a good price for it just got to save up money to get another one .

Old 03-29-2018, 12:48 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Byron Kinsey
yeah it did suck tesco arranged for it to be picked up got a good price for it just got to save up money to get another one .
Well, read all you can here.
There is alot of great info here, that will help you know what to look for, good and bad, for buying the next one.